Author Topic: Layer Pulldown in Ribbon goes blank  (Read 1647 times)

bdough15

Layer Pulldown in Ribbon goes blank
« on: April 30, 2012, 05:19:49 PM »
We have noticed on several machines in our office that the layer pulldown on the Ribbon will appear blank until you click on it for it to expand, is there a reason that it does not show the current layer?

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
Re: Layer Pulldown in Ribbon goes blank
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 07:57:34 AM »
I typically see that effect when I have multiple objects selectd that are not on the same layer.  Try hitting ESC a couple of times next time you notice tis, and see if it changes
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

bdough15

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 11:09:22 AM »
It is more a static issue, it is all the time, when nothing is selected.  I could see why it would do it with multiple things selected but not when there is nothing selected.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 12:10:06 PM »
I too am experiencing this issue with the Layer pulldown, in the Layers Panel of the Ribbon (currently with Civil 3D 2011)... Not sure if this issue also exists in Civil 3D 2012, but I'll be working with that soon as well.

For me, not only does the active layer not show when nothing is selected, but no layer is shown even when a single or multiple entities (of the same layer) are selected.

The only solution that I've come across, is to manually hit the down arrow, and specify a layer. More specifically, using the mouse to activate the drop down menu, and typing "0" for instance, is insufficient. You must manually left click the "0" layer. After that, it (the Layer menu, in the Ribbon) seems to function normally.
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

bdough15

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 12:16:05 PM »
So you are having the exact same issue as I am, I too have learned the use of the pulldown to select the layer.  It just torks me off that I have to do that.