Author Topic: Structural Member Style Display Propeties  (Read 10746 times)

caddman6425

Structural Member Style Display Propeties
« on: April 12, 2012, 05:06:55 PM »
Greetings All,
I've got a situation that involves the display properties of Structural Member Styles.  Well, it like this, this display of the members is incorrect for what I want OOTB.  The way it is set up, the only style is "Standard" as default OOTB.  This style shows the axis, Below the Cut Plane, as well as the Visible Comp.  For my purpose I only need the Axis turned on, any other can be turned on at the operators discretion.  Since this is the case, any other styles that are created will have this display representation as well.  So I need to change it via the command line pragmatically, I have a routine that can create any member that I want, so to save a lot of time changing all members that are created, I would like to change the display before hand, that way, any I create will take on the properties of the standard member and be correct.
The problem is how to achieve this, I know that I can get there by using the dialog boxes, but if another user uses the routine, they will be oblivious to the fact that they have to change this setting, so I'd like to incorporate a macro in my routine that will do this.  But how, this is the quandary.  So does anyone know or have an idea for a starting point?