Author Topic: Modify existing subassemblies  (Read 10672 times)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Modify existing subassemblies
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 02:09:22 PM »
Then build it the way I showed in the firsst case and add in the Shoulder Extended SubBase, etc, etc... and all should be well.

If you folks are using a SHARED tool palette you could complete the assembly, and then drag and drop it onto your standard sections palette for this project. That would take the 'work' out of it for them, or just pace the finished assembly in the design file for them to use in the corridor.

If it's gravel..make one that is pavement...and one that is gravel and assign the correct pay items.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Leafrider

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 03:34:44 PM »
This is some good work here, thanks for helping me think about a similar issue. Chris, what did you end up going with on this one, out of pure curiosity?

Chris

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 03:39:12 PM »
We went with a combo approach.  For our lane with 3 layers of asphalt, I took the default, and using Visual Studio 2010 I revised the vba code so I had a section with 3 layers of asphalt.  For our shoulders, I watched an AU class on the subassembly composer and picked up enough to get it to seem like it works.  Sorry I dont remember the course name.
Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.
AEC Collection 2020 (C3D)
Win 10

Leafrider

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 05:16:19 PM »
You men have some great posts here, it's stuff like this that helps. Subassembly Composer might be the only way out for some of us. Getting pay items and QTO to work properly is the key to saving additional time at the end of a design for quant. estimates. Designing something that you can't get a surface from to generate quantities must be the worst thing about Civil 3D. The gurus at Autodesk need to keep working on things, because at times there seems to be a long way to go. As for pkt files and gaining access to all the existing SAs in pkt format... Is this possible? Should I head down this route rebuilding all the basics in the SA composer is something I'm not looking forward to. Thanks.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 02:07:24 AM »
. As for pkt files and gaining access to all the existing SAs in pkt format... Is this possible? Should I head down this route rebuilding all the basics in the SA composer is something I'm not looking forward to. Thanks.
I would not take this route personally.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/