Author Topic: Auto dimension of polylines/lines  (Read 6917 times)

rk25134

Auto dimension of polylines/lines
« on: January 17, 2014, 01:10:50 AM »
Need a lisp for dimensioning of points/segments from a select line and polyline. Please find the attached snapshot .

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Re: Auto dimension of polylines/lines
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 07:53:45 AM »
Welcome to the Swamp. 8)
We usually help other with there own LISP, but sometimes provide a complete routine.
You need to share your program with us and state the requirements of the routine.
Pseudo code is good too.
Like this:
  • Select a reference pline
  • Select a pline to label
  • Gather vertex info for the label pline
  • Use a text subroutine to label the segment lengths
  • Use vlax-curve-getclosestpointto to get distance to reference pline @ each vertex
  • Use the text subroutine to label the vertex distance
Out of the office this morning so I can not help until later today.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

snownut2

• Swamp Rat
  • Bricscad 22 Ultimate
Re: Auto dimension of polylines/lines
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 04:23:55 PM »
rk25134,

You are being offered assistance on another site CADTutor, it would be beneficial for you to work through the questions there.  The folks assisting you there are more than capable of helping you attain your goal.  It seems though that you are unsure of just what you seem to be looking for, please be very specific in your request and be courteous enough to reply to questions that others ask you while trying to assist.

Please bear in mind that this site and CADTutor are assistance sites only, if you are looking for someone to just write code for you then you need to take a different approach.  If you are really interest in learning about LISP programing then you need to show some initiative in trying to solve your own issues, or at least be putting an effort into the project.  Just saying you do not know LISP and trying to get someone else to completely write code for you is not what these sites are about.

Again I would strongly urge you to work through your current existing thread on CADTutor.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?83970-Auto-dimension-of-polylines-lines