Author Topic: [Question] PolyLine vertex Changed with UCS when I click the vertex.  (Read 3261 times)

nokiya2000

• Newt
Hi The Swamp Fellows,
I've not joined theswamp for a long time since I had transfer the company.
Because I didn't have chance to use AutoCad 2012.

But One of my previous company co-worker asked me to help him out his problem about use autocad.
You can figure out more detail as below.
  1. He tried to change the vertex position of Polyline from here to there by select vertex like which has attached image1( before select vertex).
  2. But he couldn't do it because when he select the vertex, the UCS turn to 3D UCS like which has attached image2(after select vertex)
  3. so I tried to fix it by myself but it didn't workout. Even though I surfed so many website to how to fix it, there was no way to fix it.

4. My previous company co-workers request technical support to the official seller of Autodesk in Korea.But they didn't know the way to fix it.

So. I would like to ask you my genius theswamp fellows ,
   1. What is the cause of this problem?

2. How could I fix it without lisp programming?

3. If you know the way to fix it so simply, do you have a Software to fix it ? then please recommend me that.

Please help me to solve this problems , My Gorgeous and Genius Fellows.
Thank you. :laugh:

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
Re: [Question] PolyLine vertex Changed with UCS when I click the vertex.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 08:46:05 AM »
Check your Dynamic UCS (the F6 key or the UcsDetect system variable). If this is on it changes the Ucs to the selected object's OCS, helps when wanting to draw onto 3d faces / surfaces / regions, but could make for strange things in 2d drawings.

Also is that PL drawn on a different UCS?
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.