Author Topic: Translation VBA to .NET  (Read 9497 times)

kaefer

Re: Translation VBA to .NET
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 09:55:15 AM »
Here is the error i get
Code: [Select]
Cannot load assembly. Error details: System.BadImageFormatException

Add this to your 2011 acad.exe.config.
Code: [Select]
  <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
    <supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/>
  </startup>

jjs

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 10:03:56 AM »
you are awesome.

jjs

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 10:39:38 AM »
Kerry,
Are you looking for Mook specifically or for the VBA to VB translator he had made? If you remember what the name of it was, I can look and see if i might still have it.
JJS

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 03:11:13 PM »

Hi jj
Just wondering what became of 'mook'.
I think I have his translator in one of my archives, thanks.

Stay well
Kerry
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

jjs

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 03:44:54 PM »
hopefully i will be around more. I finally got a 64bit machine with enough oomph to run 2011. The problem is that none of my vba routines work very well because fo the 64 bit. SO i am going to have to start porting. I am also starting to use Autocad MEP for the electrical. It needs quite a bit of customization to make it fast. THings that should be a simple command line prompt are 6 mouse clicks all over the screen.

vegbruiser

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 11:56:01 AM »
Hi all,

I realise this is slightly off-topic, so it might benefit from its' own thread, but it might save a whole heap of work for someone:

I was looking around for an Excel VBA Protection remover (I bought one a couple of years back but couldn't find the installer for it anywhere on my system) and stumbled across the following:
Removing an Excel Workbook VBA Password

A VBA project password can be removed with a hex editor. Close the workbook and open the workbook file in the hex editor. Find the string "DPB" and change it to "DPx". Save the file. Open the workbook and click OK until the workbook is open (one or more dialogs are displayed describing various problems with the VBA project). Press ALT+F11, choose the menu command Tools->VBAProject Properties, navigate to the Protection tab, and change the password but do not remove it (note the new password). Save, close, and re-open the workbook. Press ALT+F11 and enter the new password. Choose Tools->VBAProject Properties, navigate to the Protection tab, and remove the password. Save the workbook.

I couldn't quite believe it until I tried it on a new workbook myself. I've no idea if it will work on any other vba-created application, but feel free to give it a whirl.

:)

bikelink

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 03:17:26 PM »
perfect! thank You

poncelet

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 06:18:09 AM »
VBA is very slow in acad2011

Arizona

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 09:37:48 AM »
I have been testing some of our VBA programs under Windows 7 with Autocad 2012. The first thing I found is that every one of them that ran using Randall's batch processing failed. Many of the VBA programs (not requiring batch processing) that strictly deal with changing properties of existing (common) entities, passed on the Win 7 computer with the VBA enabler installed. Although these will still need to be re-written in the future, they have moved down my priority list.
On the optimistic side of re-writing these programs is that many of the wish list items from my users can now be easily incorporated in the newer versions. As well as some of those "Oh man, I wish I had thought of that sooner".
Practice, practice, practice... Probably what I need the most of  :-)