Author Topic: Help with Bi-Directional Attribute and DataBase exchange  (Read 2459 times)

BARECAD

Help with Bi-Directional Attribute and DataBase exchange
« on: December 28, 2011, 08:48:50 AM »
2012 can extract pre-selected object attribute data to a database.  After editing and manipulating that data in 2012’s native database tool, I want to be able to return the modified data to the objects it originally came from.  However, the 2012 database tool returns data to a disassociated label rather than to the source objects.

My application for this functionality is to be able to bi-directionally edit low voltage wiring information like wire numbers, device source, device destination and sheet IDs that are assigned to blocks as visible and hidden attributes.

Does anyone know how to do this in 2012 or with an externally loaded routine?  I have tried JTB World’s ACAD-db external process without success.

deegeecees

Re: Help with Bi-Directional Attribute and DataBase exchange
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 01:19:38 PM »
I have a "rolled" version of something that will do that. But it's VBA, so you'd have to have the VBA enabler (as well as quite a few changes to the VBA code, i.e. DB name, att tags/fields, block names, etc.) to make it work, but if you can't get anything else to work, I could post it up for you to tinker with.