Author Topic: Help! Nothing to see on my Block Authoring Palettes!  (Read 3341 times)

mammajamma

Help! Nothing to see on my Block Authoring Palettes!
« on: December 06, 2011, 09:38:54 AM »
AutoCAD 2010.
While there are cryptic little icons across the top of my block editor, the Block Authoring Palettes have lost all their stuff. All I see on any of the tabs (Parameters, Actions, etc.) is a message about how to customize tool palettes. I didn't do anything to them that I'm aware of, and they were working previously. Can anyone tell me how to get the content back?
When I go to the Authoring Toolpalette tab in the Customize Toolpalette dialogue, I can see the 4 tabs, but have no idea how to go about repopulating them.
Thanks.

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: Help! Nothing to see on my Block Authoring Palettes!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 09:50:14 AM »
You can create a NEW GROUP and drag/drop them from the left onto the right side.

Or check the CUI.  There MUST be something in there for those palettes.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 10:42:48 AM »
I've seen this where the Authoring palettes were moved from their installed location.  Check the Authoring palettes path in the CONFIG/OPTIONS dialog and make sure its pointing to the right place.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

mammajamma

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 04:21:47 PM »
I'm pointing to the right place, and even restored the directory back to a previous point in time (hoping beyond hope that it was prior to the loss). Nada. There are files (ATC) there, which are obviously referencing the tabs.
I can't find anywhere in the CUI, so far, that has anything to do with Authoring Palettes.
I'm not dead in the water, because I can use the icons along with the command line options, but it's lots slower.
Oh, also, changing my workspace and my profile has no impact.
 :realmad: