Author Topic: What kind of software is HECSALV and GHS?  (Read 2781 times)

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
What kind of software is HECSALV and GHS?
« on: October 10, 2011, 08:34:13 PM »
Position requires strong background in modeling and  2D and 3D CAD, HECSALV, GHS and other stability and salvage computer programs ...

What are they? And more importantly is anyone using or has used them?
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
Re: What kind of software is HECSALV and GHS?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 09:06:59 PM »
Thanks Scott. 

I was looking up HECSALV and got lost on memory lane.  :-D I had some course work in ship structure and stability.  Never got to see the software let alone to play with it because we were not worthy.   :-D

Do you use it?   
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Scott

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 02:41:44 PM »
Thanks Scott. 

I was looking up HECSALV and got lost on memory lane.  :-D I had some course work in ship structure and stability.  Never got to see the software let alone to play with it because we were not worthy.   :-D

Do you use it?

Heck no I don't use it.  My idea of a good ship is one that is already built and proven to float.  Living in Kansas, I can't see why we would need ship builders and designers.  If we ever do need them here, I feel for those on the east and west coasts and down south as well.  If that should happen, I have some pretty worthless property I might be able to sell as beachfront.  I just found the links for you and hoped it was the correct software.   Based on the links, they are both used for ship and boat modeling, so I am pretty sure that is what you are looking for.

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 04:34:13 PM »
Thanks Scott. 

Do you use it?

Heck no I don't use it.  My idea of a good ship is one that is already built and proven to float.  Living in Kansas, I can't see why we would need ship builders and designers. 

I can do one better: we have a Naval Reserve unit.  And once in a while, they even get to serve aboard a ship!
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}