Author Topic: Dynamic Land Desktop  (Read 4755 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Dynamic Land Desktop
« on: February 04, 2005, 03:45:16 PM »
I have a question. it is, can land desktop be dynamic with its drawings...

Can it creat all of the necessary dwgs for a set which you require?

We have LDD and we use it just like ACAD... we a little of the commands which it offer.... but as for survey we do have that mastered.

The version we have is LDD3.

Does anyone have a project template of LDD which it is dyanamic? If so, could i see it to see if i can set mine up that way?

any info on this would be great

thanks
Civil3D 2020

Dent Cermak

Dynamic Land Desktop
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 10:16:08 PM »
please clarify what you mean by "dunamic template". I use dwt files and project prototypes to pre-set all of my drawings in LDD3. just what are you looking for ? All the settings for descriptor keys, figure prefix library, etc. ?

MSTG007

• Gator
Dynamic Land Desktop
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 07:43:38 AM »
Dent.

Our survey side is setup... its just our civil site side. we usualy start from scratch with our projects.... The layers come from the survey... the proposed layers we type and assign colors etc...  we have blocks we copy from other dwgs we have created without using a block library...

I was also told that for example. LDD can do the dynamic things.... Lets say you have a Alignment and move the alignment... its will update in the database and automatically update in the rest of the drawings with the text as well updates...

Same as a structure for a P&P... you change the plan with the info / text. then you open the corresponding P&P and the change or update you can see has been changed....
Civil3D 2020

Dent Cermak

Dynamic Land Desktop
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 11:19:26 AM »
If everything is setup "associative" then that should work.

MSTG007

• Gator
Dynamic Land Desktop
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 11:41:54 AM »
where is that located at
Civil3D 2020

Dent Cermak

Dynamic Land Desktop
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 05:29:58 PM »
It would be a combination of things. Setting your associative dimensioning tab in user preferences to make new dimensions associative, setting associative text on your labels and remembering to insert all of the points into the drawing BEFORE you move the drawing. After the drawing/points are moved do a "modify project"  to update tne new location of the points in the project coordinate file and exporting this new file so you can use it later. If you add a rotaion, the associatve dimensions should update to the new bearings, etc. It's all a matter of creating a new data plane and keeping track of the latest changes. It's something that YOU have to keep track of and on top of. The program will not do it automatically for you. Remember, all of the changes MUST be saved by exporting the coordinate files . Otherwise your changes have taken place ONLY in the drawing and you will not be able to rebuild the datum plane  to fit what you have now at a later date.

MSTG007

• Gator
Dynamic Land Desktop
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 07:24:09 PM »
wow.... there is alot to this... I understand kinda of what you mean... I will have to experiment with it to see if i can get it going with a tutorial or somehting...

your the man... thanks for sharing
Civil3D 2020

Dent Cermak

Dynamic Land Desktop
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 07:53:43 PM »
Go to the site link below and look at tthe training CD's. They are the same price as one seminar. BUT you can watch them over and over and more than one person can use them. LDD has grown so much that CD's like this and/or training classes are a MUST. Gone are the days where you could load the new stuff, buy the latest "AutoCad Bible" and teach yourself.
There are things on those CD's that will blow you away. If your company does a lot of subdivision layout the cd's will more than pay for themselves on the very FIRST project. There's a lot of power on those program disks that most people do not know about. It's all on those cd's.

http://www.agtcad.com/

Dude, this is the way to go.They worked for me and you know how I am. DOH!!