Author Topic: Link value text in 2 drawing ?  (Read 2877 times)

new_mem

• Newt
Link value text in 2 drawing ?
« on: September 27, 2011, 06:35:07 AM »
Hello everyone.!  :-)

I have a prbls: i mean link value text in drawing A with value text in drawing B. I found command field but it not worked.

can anyone tell me the way right.?

Thanks.

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
Re: Link value text in 2 drawing ?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 11:37:37 AM »
I haven't found a way to make this work (except using tables will sometimes work).

deegeecees

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 01:07:17 PM »
Maybe have a look at RText.

new_mem

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 02:10:54 PM »
Thanks for reply.

@cmwade77: can u tell me the way use tables ? :)
@plankton: can u tell me language Diesel Expression for rtex ? :) i don't know that.

deegeecees

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 02:34:47 PM »
Rtext is supplied through Express Tools, so you'd have to have that installed first. As far as deisel expressions, if you hit F1 while in the Rtext command you'll see quite a few good examples. It really depends on what your final result needs to be.

Another route would be an attribute or Xdata and ObjectDBX.

new_mem

• Newt
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 02:56:52 PM »
Okey, i'll try F1 later, (iam using ipad). But i thinh diesel expressions don't fix dc my probls. I thinh it link text with text in only one drawing. Can u show some example link data value ?

deegeecees

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 03:21:04 PM »
You can link the text to a txt file, and in the other dwg you can link the text to the same file, so when the text in the txt file changes both drawings are updated as well.

new_mem

• Newt
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 03:37:54 PM »
Well, good idea.
But that is two text in two dwg link to txt file, and text in dwg don't edit, only edit txt file. That true ? Can edit text in dwg ?

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 04:47:20 PM »
Yeah, I was looking into some things, but I still don't see this being possible.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 05:02:27 PM »
The only way that springs to mind:

• Attach xData to each text object to be linked containing the handle of the other text object and the filename of the drawing in which it resides.
  • Use a function evaluated in the ACADDOC.lsp to scan the active drawing for all text objects with the specific xData App.
  • For each text object collected, read the xData and use an ObjectDBX interface to open the relevant drawing and retrieve/check the content of the associated text object, updating the text object in the active drawing if necessary.

kruuger

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 05:18:19 PM »
Hello everyone.!  :-)

I have a prbls: i mean link value text in drawing A with value text in drawing B. I found command field but it not worked.

can anyone tell me the way right.?

Thanks.
XREF (that's stupid)
Get properties from sheet set manager and insert as field
k.

new_mem

• Newt
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 10:42:51 PM »
Yeah, I was looking into some things, but I still don't see this being possible.

Uhm, i think creat lisp ed_1 edit rtext and it find data rtext then open txt to edit. :-D

Thanks for your solution.

new_mem

• Newt
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »

[/quote]
XREF (that's stupid)
Get properties from sheet set manager and insert as field
k.
[/quote]

Uhm, i think rtext creat one file txt = creat one file xref.
Xref not stupid.  :-D

Thanks your solution.

But i think text link text don't creat xref file and don't have a alot of xref in project. My probls not only sheet and ssm.
 :-D

new_mem

• Newt
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 10:51:51 PM »
The only way that springs to mind:

• Attach xData to each text object to be linked containing the handle of the other text object and the filename of the drawing in which it resides.
  • Use a function evaluated in the ACADDOC.lsp to scan the active drawing for all text objects with the specific xData App.
  • For each text object collected, read the xData and use an ObjectDBX interface to open the relevant drawing and retrieve/check the content of the associated text object, updating the text object in the active drawing if necessary.
It hard for me.
Can u tell me some code.  :-D
Thanks.