Author Topic: Architectural software  (Read 11974 times)

BlueMoon

Architectural software
« on: September 23, 2011, 01:40:44 PM »
I am not even sure if something like this exists, but here goes.  We have 3 C3D licences in our office but have a need for a basic software program for other people to do floor plans, driveways etc.  We are looking for a cheap ($100 or so) version that will be able to handle that and a couple of other things.  We have used APEX in the past but it is not scalable.  We went to DaVinci but importing the APEX drawings into DaVinci doesn't work.  Lines missing etc.  IT has asked me to look for something that would allow us to import APEX & DaVinci and have the ability to scale the final product.  Yes I have GOOGLED different software but I thought someone out there might have done something like this already. I appreciate any feedback you may have.

Thanks,
BM
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:00:10 PM by BlueMoon »

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Architectural softwar
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 02:35:03 PM »
have them try BLENDER it's open source, it will do 3d, it will render and animate, and with a plug in it will export to DWG

And send the $100 bucks to The Swamp
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

BlueMoon

Re: Architectural software
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 03:13:24 PM »
Looked thru their website for a bit.  We are just looking for the 2D walls, windows, doors etc. for this application.  I am going to spend more time with Blender when I get home tonight.  It looks like it could be a lot of fun.  Thank you for responding.

BM