Author Topic: starting a project: improved standard autocad commands  (Read 1130 times)

autocart

starting a project: improved standard autocad commands
« on: September 09, 2011, 05:42:09 AM »
Hi everybody!

I would like to start a project:
Sometimes I come across a build in autocad command that is IMHO not very well implemented by Autodesk. (One example is the matchprop command. This should be a quick way to match chosen properties of a source entity. However if I want to change the last settings I have to go into a dialog box and there click on the check boxes I want to change which is rather a lot of effort for the purpose of the command. Plus there is no command line version of that dialog.) Therefore I would like to make a project that redefines a collection of such commands to make them better. I would want to limit the commands only to redefinitions of standard build-in autocad commands (and not create any new ones). Of course the code and dll would be made available here on the forum.

Firstly, does anybody know of something similar like that already (in case I overlooked it)?
Secondly I need your guys' (the community's) help in the form of input suggesting which commands need improvement and discussing how they should be improved.
And thirdly I could probably also need help any time later on with coding, if somebody wants to.

Do you think this is a good or a stupid idea? I don't want to start this without positive feedback. What do you think?

Regards, Stephan