Author Topic: Ribbons and shiz-nit!  (Read 2339 times)

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Ribbons and shiz-nit!
« on: August 11, 2011, 11:44:08 AM »
Let me just say that I really like Revit because there isn't much you can customize (without getting into .NET and stuff!).

I've created a custom tab/panels/whatnots but it/they don't show up as a choice to display.  My custom CUI is my main cui.  Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, man!!!  I feel so lost not having used AutoCAD for the past 2 years.   :|

Can a brother get a little help, ya'll?!?  :)
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Ribbons and shiz-nit!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 11:54:12 AM »
how did you go about creating those custom ribbon panels?

did you create a New Tab
to place your New Panels on?

and then customizing the workspace to add them in?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 11:57:14 AM »
The Ribbon Tool Palette (yes, it's a Tool Palette), is part of your workspace settings.

If the desired Ribbon Tab(s) are not presently shown

To add Tabs to the Ribbon, try Right Clicking the empty space to the right of the displayed Tabs, and see which options are available from the Tabs flyout.

Otherwise, from the CUI Editor, select your workspace in the left pane, then hit the Customize button at the top of the right pane. Now, in the left pane, navigate to the desired Ribbon Tab, and Check the item. You should now see this item added to your available Ribbon Tabs in the right pane (Ribbon node expanded). Select the Done button when the Customize button was, save your CUI, and hit OK.

Once the workspace has been restored, you should now have the desired configuration.

HTH
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »
The Ribbon Tool Palette (yes, it's a Tool Palette), is part of your workspace settings.

To add Tabs to the Ribbon, try Right Clicking the empty space to the right of the displayed Tabs, and see which options are available from the Tabs flyout.

Otherwise, from the CUI Editor, select your workspace in the left pane, then hit the Customize button at the top of the right pane. Now, in the left pane, navigate to the desired Ribbon Tab, and Check the item. You should now see this item added to your available Ribbon Tabs in the right pane (Ribbon node expanded). Select the Done button when the Customize button was, save your CUI, and hit OK.

Once the workspace has been restored, you should now have the desired configuration.

HTH
I had to go the customize workspace route because they weren't showing up when I right-clicked.  It only shows a handful of them.

Thanks!
Autodesk Expert Elite

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »
how did you go about creating those custom ribbon panels?

did you create a New Tab
to place your New Panels on?

and then customizing the workspace to add them in?
the answer would be NO...

but now you have.    ;-)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 01:25:32 PM »
But why don't the panels/tabs show up as an available option?  My custom toolbars from the same cui show up?  That's the part that bugs me.
Autodesk Expert Elite

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 01:32:33 PM »
If I understand your question, it's an order of operations/process issue with the CUI.
You MUST create the Tabs and Panels
THEN
You must Customize the works space

THEN they will appears as a Rt-Click option to display

Otherwise NOT!

That was why I asked my question...did you do those things in that order?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 02:22:05 PM »

HTH
I had to go the customize workspace route because they weren't showing up when I right-clicked.  It only shows a handful of them.

Thanks!

What Higgs just posted (re order of operations) is correct, but I have had earlier versions of the Ribbon Tool Palette 'act up' even when the desired Ribbon Tabs were already made... as an example in 2009, trying to load Tabs from a Partial CUI.

Anyway, I wasn't sure what version you're on, so I just figured might as well go through both methods.

Happy it helped.  :-)
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."