Author Topic: load autocad or autocad map  (Read 1932 times)

Spageddie

load autocad or autocad map
« on: July 22, 2011, 08:46:45 AM »
I'm working on the will work on various pcs, some with AutoCAD 2010 some with AutoCAD MAP 2010

I can use AcadApp = CreateObject("AutoCAD.Application.18") for AutoCAD, any one know the release number for AutoCAD MAP (18.?)
Or know of way to achieve this.
Note: I want to startup without the editor initially so starting from the exe is not really an option.

n.yuan

• Bull Frog
Re: load autocad or autocad map
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 01:10:37 PM »
The Program ID string used in CreateObject() is the same for all 2010 version of AutoCAD and its siblings, be it Acad Map or not.

Also starting an Acad instance with code does not mean Acad editor would not show up visiually. Event you do not set AcadApplication.Visible to True, some operation of AutoCAD called by your code may still bring it up visually for sure. IMO, automating AutoCAD as hidden instance is not a good practise. There are too many factors in a complictaed desktop app, such as AutoCAD, that could bring the app to an unexpected stop and waiting for user to intervene. If the Acad instance is hidden, to user, it just like the app is frozen, and user would be not way out but do Ctrl+Alt+Del.