Author Topic: Old DWG Trueview version  (Read 1939 times)

RONR

• Mosquito
Old DWG Trueview version
« on: November 06, 2016, 09:46:41 PM »
Because of a computer re-build I have lost my free Autodesk DWG Trueview and because I am still using Win XP, the latest version is no good to me, as it requires Win 10. 
Does anybody know how I can obtain a copy of an old version that will work with XP?
Ron R,
Australia.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: Old DWG Trueview version
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 11:02:18 AM »
Do one of THESE versions work on XP? If not .. I might have an older version on one of my backups.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

RONR

• Mosquito
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 09:41:13 PM »
Many thanks Ronjonp.

I downloaded the 2013 version from the list you provided and after a run-around where I was told that my Microsoft.NET Framework needed to be updated, which required 2 different approaches, found by a Google search, and then re-booting more than once, it actually worked and I nearly fainted. 
I have made sure that I keep all the necessary files and I will write myself a proper installation note for if it happens again.
I have always debated with myself as to which company was the most frustrating, between Microsoft and Autodesk, and I have decided that it is a draw.

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 08:44:47 AM »
It's hard to blame any company in this instance. WinXP was replaced over a decade ago and final support ended almost 3 years ago.

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 10:12:06 AM »
Indeed.  Until we officially retire software, I keep a copy of all the installers, hotfixes, and SPs.  That way it doesn't matter if its still officially available for download.  And if we ever need disaster recovery, that's one less task needed to get back up and running.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}