Author Topic: Problem in hatch in DB  (Read 13921 times)

HasanCAD

• Swamp Rat
Problem in hatch in DB
« on: May 02, 2011, 12:14:09 PM »
Hi all,

When copy and past this block from a draing to another the hatch comes as original block.
I have to open the block BEdit then colse or change any parameter the hatch comes normal

Thanks

Nibster

Re: Problem in hatch in DB
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 12:20:15 PM »
that's typical DB behavior when one copy/pastes blocks into a file that didn't already have the block properly defined.  the biggest issues i've seen include the one you're having, and draw-order shuffles in the blocks.

if you already have this block in a tool palette or something, insert it that way (or any way to get the standard block definition in place) before pasting from another drawing.

HasanCAD

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 03:01:55 AM »
The file has a copy of this block.

Nibster

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 09:17:21 AM »
The file has a copy of this block.
how was the 'copy' placed?  if it was pasted then it's a corrupted copy.

smudge

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 09:14:48 AM »
This is a newby question - but can you explain how & why it is corrupted?

Nibster

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 09:25:46 AM »

I like to think of the clipboard as an unwholesome place that DBs shouldn't visit on their way to a new drawing file.  Once they become aquainted with the file it's ok, but they should ALWAYS go straight to the new file directly from home (master library).

WHY they get wonky, I don't know.  My go-to theory is always gremlins...

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 09:27:58 AM »

I like to think of the clipboard as an unwholesome place that DBs shouldn't visit on their way to a new drawing file.  Once they become aquainted with the file it's ok, but they should ALWAYS go straight to the new file directly from home (master library).

Kind of like how on some earlier releases, when you would rotate a dynamic block, you'd lose all it's abilities.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

Nibster

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 09:30:16 AM »

Kind of like how on some earlier releases, when you would rotate a dynamic block, you'd lose all it's abilities.
i heard about that issue, but never had that happen to me.

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 09:32:37 AM »

Urban legend.
I only saw it in 2008 and there was a supposed hotfix for it, but it still didn't do it all the time.
Dropbox

Nibster

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »

Urban legend.
I only saw it in 2008 and there was a supposed hotfix for it, but it still didn't do it all the time.
THAT'S why i never saw it.  2008 broke how tables worked w/ DBs so I never used that release.

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 09:37:37 AM »

Urban legend.
THAT'S why i never saw it.  2008 broke how tables worked w/ DBs so I never used that release.
At the last company I worked, we upgraded from LDD 2006 to LDD 2008 and everyone complained and were still complaining about it when I left. They actually kept pointing the finger at me because I was responsible for the transition - all I did was streamline the settings for our standards (paths, tool palettes, etc.).
The company I work for now, I started working in 2009 and then we upgraded to 2011 and I've not seen the problem since.
Dropbox

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 11:15:58 AM »

Urban legend.
At the last company I worked, we upgraded from LDD 2006 to LDD 2008 and everyone complained and were still complaining about it when I left. They actually kept pointing the finger at me because I was responsible for the transition - all I did was streamline the settings for our standards (paths, tool palettes, etc.).
The company I work for now, I started working in 2009 and then we upgraded to 2011 and I've not seen the problem since.

We worked in 2006 LDT until we deployed 2009 LDT almost two years ago. A team at my company (separate discipline, coincidentally led by the guy who got passed up for CAD Manager) decided that the 2009 deployment was somehow 'broken,' and stayed with 2006 until March of this year when IT decommissioned the 2006 license server. Now, my team is transitioning to Civil 3D 2011, and they're still doing 2006 work, via the 2009 interface... and struggling with 'all the new changes' - It's laughable.

BTW - Alan, what's up with the avatar change?
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 11:18:50 AM »
sounds like a case for quality training

*aside*
I think alan likes rockin' hitler a little too much    ;-)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 11:22:40 AM »
No real reason. I was going through some files on my server and found that avatar saved. I thought it was funny and decided to change. I'll probably go back to my hammer one just because seeing the bouncing hitler over and over is a bit much.
Dropbox

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 11:24:14 AM »

Sadly (and I mean that), it all stems from a dependency on leader's ability to both setup a deployment, and develop AutoLISP tools... not Visual LISP, not VBA, and certainly not dot NET... AutoLISP.

There's a handful of users that do know how to do what they want, but most, simply keep their head down to avoid provocation (i.e., His way or the highway). Thank God I'm on another team.

*aside*
I think alan likes rockin' hitler a little too much    ;-)

... Hope he buys him an iPad before he freaks out!? LoL

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 11:28:35 AM »

Sadly (and I mean that), it all stems from a dependency on leader's ability to both setup a deployment, and develop AutoLISP tools... not Visual LISP, not VBA, and certainly not dot NET... AutoLISP.

There's a handful of users that do know how to do what they want, but most, simply keep their head down to avoid provocation (i.e., His way or the highway). Thank God I'm on another team.

Same answer...why in the name of flying fish would one simply not use what is already IN the software.
And then try to figure out how to plug the holes or workaround it's failings?  There's a name for this type of activity, and it isn't Proactive.  ;-) 
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 11:37:09 AM »

Same answer...why in the name of flying fish would one simply not use what is already IN the software.
And then try to figure out how to plug the holes or workaround it's failings?  There's a name for this type of activity, and it isn't Proactive.  ;-) 

He used to have his own company, then came here when that was lost and setup our 2006 LDT deployment, all sorts of customizations (i.e., Menus, Macros, etc.). He had direct input on Survey standards, design standards, until ultimately a CAD Committee was formed to add some degree of 'checks and balances'. That wasn't working, so a CAD Manager was hired (and it wasn't him being promoted).

^^ Begin the Holy war against 2009 ^^

He suffers from being extremely goood at what it is that he knows (like this AUGI article: Too Good for Your Own Good)... so good, in fact that he was successful at convincing his manager to allow that team to be relegated to using only 2006 until recently being forced into 2009. 6+ months before that forced move, it was announced that we're mandated to transition to Civil 3d 2011, and that we're losing 2009 in 18 months.

I feel sorry for those poor schmucks.  :-o

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 11:40:08 AM »
I do too.  Although I do stand ready to assist in training them.  Should they want to avail themselves to any.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

alanjt

• Needs a day job
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 11:40:19 AM »
Interesting read.
Dropbox