Author Topic: A C3D.. render issues  (Read 11969 times)

acurr3

A C3D.. render issues
« on: April 12, 2011, 07:20:19 PM »
Hi.. im not sure whats going on, I've created this 6 lane roundabout, but when I render there are sections missing..  also.. It seems like some of my splitter islands are either wierd materials.. or non existant....  PLEASE help....I've included a picture of whats going on.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: A C3D.. render issues
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 09:53:05 AM »
First, I may need to see your data to fully diagnose the issue.

It appears that you had regions off when the surfaces where created, and or gaps in regions.

I look forward to seeing your data.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 10:11:24 AM »
It also appears that some of your sub assemblies are missing their targets and going to elevation ZERO on you at the ends of some of your regions. You need a longer profile, or feature line so the target can be 'found'.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

acurr3

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 11:01:15 AM »
OHH... THANKS A BUCH...( I have included the file below)...As of now I've gotten the sections to show up in the rendering, but I still can not get the splitter islands to show... also, I see your point.. there are a few lines that appear to go back to zero elevation; I had this problem (big-time) with the splitter islands but I got rid of them by splitting the bad regions apart, deleting them, and then stretch the good regions.  I'm sure there is an easier way, but... As you can see, I'm new to autocad c3d but I kind of like it..  Anyway, here are the big issues right now... Splitter islands on the side roads not showing, grass and tree's need to encompas the open center portion and finally I'm not sure how to put the pavement markings down, such as yield lines, cross walk lines etc. 

Thanks a lot for anything you can help me with.
Sincerely,
Desperate student who has a geometric highway design project due next week...
(Please forgive any literary errors... I was typing pretty fast.. ...want to be at school by 11:30....... Its 10 now...lol

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 11:06:48 AM »
I am downloading the file...

will endeavor to 'solve' the issue(s) the need solving...

The pavement markings will need to be applied later....

As to 'grass and trees' in center you will want to add links to that portion, OR build the center surface from feature lines, and assign proper render material to it.  For the trees the Move block to surface command will elevate your tree blocks to the correct elevation(s)

English grammar, nor spelling will be graded in this session.   ;-)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

acurr3

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 11:12:57 AM »
oh yeah.. put the splitter island target surface as the roundabout surface that I created, but some of them still seem to be below the roundabout surface... If this is the case, then I'm pretty sure that this is causing the problem, I just dont know how to fix it..

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 11:23:28 AM »
you have corridor regions and surfaces that overlap each other...this is not good...it IS targeting the corridor surface as you say...however that surface isn't valid....so you may want to INCLUDE the corridor surface in your various 'splitter' alignment profiles...and STILL create your own PGL for it to target...then you are in complete control.
In this way the corridor surface profile is merely a reference...

As an alternate you could create those splitter islands as Feature lines that get their elevations from the corridor top surface...and they would stay linked to the surface.  As currently your splitter surfaces are sitting on top of paved areas.

Or you would want to use different assemblies with offsets in them such that the islands were being created by the assemblies.

And for sure you want to eliminate the areas where your corridor overlaps.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 11:26:20 AM »
To be sure that no corridor sections ever go to zero...ALWAYS create your proposed profile as LONG as or LONGER than the alignment the profile is being drawn for.  If the proposed profile is short by even 0.0001 then the corridor goes to ZERO on you.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

acurr3

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 12:06:52 PM »
well.... let me know how this sounds to you.. I created one surface from google (surface 1), and one just for the corredor that is supposed to sit on top of the google image (the roundabout surface). As of now, the splitter islands are corridors whose alignment profiles are based on the roundabout surface... should I just make the splitter islands have a base alignment whose profiles are based on the google earth surface that I originally used.. or what.. I'm not quite clear on what you mean.... I truly appologize for my inellectual dimness on the matter..

acurr3

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 12:20:42 PM »
alirght.. that doesnt work because it now targets the bottom of the corridor....hmm... how can I get out of this pickle...

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 12:24:38 PM »
alirght.. that doesnt work because it now targets the bottom of the corridor....hmm... how can I get out of this pickle...
you would want to target the corridor top surface (profile)
OR
Move the curb sub assemblies UP along the assembly baseline with the MOVE command...

Or
draw your own Proposed profile...even IF it is simply tracing....
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 12:28:54 PM »
well.... let me know how this sounds to you.. I created one surface from google (surface 1), and one just for the corredor that is supposed to sit on top of the google image (the roundabout surface). As of now, the splitter islands are corridors whose alignment profiles are based on the roundabout surface...
Not a problem to use the corridor surface as a STARTING point...then draw your own design profile ...even if it is retracing the corridor surface or even EG...
THEN should things need to be adjusted you can adjust the profile...
a couple of reasons...
easier to control labels, easier to edit
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

acurr3

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 12:47:00 PM »
oh.. okay.. well.. right now I do not have the actual views created for the splitter island alignments... but it seems like you are saying to just create a view of the profile.. add an actual created desgn profiles in the views, set the alignment to the design profile, and from there, I can just adjust the design profiles until the splitter islands actually sit upon the roundabout surface...

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 01:28:43 PM »
OK....after studying your file a little longer...

...I need to suggest (gently) that you not do your design model in this fashion.
Instead I would want you to do the following:

Create a Dummy Corridor with only the pavement regions defined. This corridor will later get a NO Display style applied to every portion of it.  This surface is used to get target profiles, surfaces from without creating a loop in the Corridor Model.
It also helps design the profiles for the Edge of pavement to smoothly from one segment to the next.

Then I want you to shift your targets to the DUMMY corridor surface, and or profiles derived from it.

Then I want you to take each and everyone of those separate 'splitter island' corridors and make them a part of one single ALL KNOWING ALL SEEING corridor. the manner in which C3D connects feature lines from the various assemblies, and subassemblies is getting in the way. Then the feature lines from your curb assembly can be added as break lines to that overall corridor surface model.
To expedite the modeling process you can turn off regions you have already built and accepted the output.

You'll be happier with the results.

Be your Best

Michael Farrell

acurr3

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 01:55:35 PM »
I appreciate you letting me down easily pertaining to me having to do it all over   :cry:   ...Now, onto the issue at hand.  when you say a dummy corridor, how do I do that.  is this just a corridor at elevation zero while following the same process I used to make the present corridor.. also, how do I set up the splitters as within this all knowing corridor..