Author Topic: Plotting 3D Shaded Viewports - Need Help  (Read 6895 times)

StykFacE

Plotting 3D Shaded Viewports - Need Help
« on: April 06, 2011, 09:28:19 AM »
I have an issue that I think I might be getting close to solving. Let me link the file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4989089/M3-32%20Chiller%20Yard%20Support%20Plan.pdf

This is a mechanical plan I've just created. Notice on tag 05 the chiller and the pump plotting in the color of the object, which is a variation of green. I am using a CTB plot style. I know that CTB plot styles use only the default 256 color palette, and using an STB plot style you can assign a style using any of the True Color types. The Visual Style is set to Hidden on tags 03, 04, and 05, and the view is created from three different Cameras I have positioned around the model to the various locations. The layer that the chiller and pump are on is the default AutoCAD MEP generated layer, with a color set to 94.

So here's where the issue is happening. When I am in a rotated ISO view, with a Visual Style of 2D, everything plots black like it should. When I adjust the Visual Style to Hidden, it prints the color of the object. The pipes, valves, and fittings are gray so that's why they seem to be plotting correctly but it has the same problem technically. Can I not get this to plot black?

Thanks in advance.  :kewl:

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: Plotting 3D Shaded Viewports - Need Help
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 09:36:44 AM »
Select the viewport and check out the SHADE PLOT properties.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

JCTER

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 09:44:27 AM »
Select the viewport and check out the SHADE PLOT properties.
What he said.

Aside from 2dWireframe, "Hidden" and ONLY Hidden will care about your .CTB/.STB settings.

StykFacE

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 10:12:28 AM »
Okay, so here's what I got:

Hidden

Legacy Hidden

Conceptual

Using AutoCAD MEP 2011. After doing some testing from your tips, Legacy Hidden is what worked, although the output was unsatisfactory since it doesn't generate the view as clean as it should. *sigh*

Maybe it's because since it's legacy, the 2011 AEC objects don't interact with the shaded plot setting. Oh well. I guess I found the solution but the outcome became less than what I was hoping for. Ha, this seems awfully familiar with Autodesk doesn't it?  :wink:

Thanks a lot guys. Always appreciated.