Author Topic: Vault yeah or neah  (Read 21694 times)

barc

Re: Vault yeah or neah
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2011, 01:49:46 PM »
www.theswamp.org needs to be changed to www.thebarcswamp.org apparently.  :lmao:
Oh I see how the swamp operates, a user has an issue and instead of discussing the issue other users ridicule the first one.  Ohh okay, good to know, thanks.

barc

« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2011, 01:50:19 PM »
I have for sale a 'Remove from New Post List tool'

Sorry sales pitch
How much ... or do we have to take it private??
Just Joking

trying to lighten the mood
Me too, apparently I failed.

Dinosaur

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2011, 01:57:38 PM »
Oh I see how the swamp operates, a user has an issue and instead of discussing the issue other users ridicule the first one.  Ohh okay, good to know, thanks.
Not usually barc
There is not much remedy I can offer but this may work for you at least for future postings.  Available in the notification area in your Profile settings is this:

Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.

You can uncheck that box and you will not automatically be notified but will have the option to watch any topic and be notified of any posts to any topic you are interested in following.

StykFacE

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2011, 01:57:53 PM »
I know it's hard to execute sarcasm through textual postings, which is why I threw in the lmao icon. Just joking man!! My apologies if I insulted.  ;-)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2011, 02:21:57 PM »
I have for sale a 'Remove from New Post List tool'

Sorry sales pitch
having no use of the Notify operation in the first place, would buying this product be of any use to me?

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2011, 02:22:22 PM »
I know it's hard to execute sarcasm through textual postings, which is why I threw in the lmao icon. Just joking man!! My apologies if I insulted.  ;-)
< sarcasm > your text here </ sarcasm > 8-)
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2011, 02:25:10 PM »
< sarcasm >really</ sarcasm >
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Dinosaur

« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2011, 02:26:09 PM »

Mark, does that check box I posted have any effect after one has posted in a topic?  I just leave my notifications off lest I become literally "SWAMPED" with notifications.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2011, 02:34:18 PM »

Mark, does that check box I posted have any effect after one has posted in a topic?  I just leave my notifications off lest I become literally "SWAMPED" with notifications.
I do not know, off hand.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

DaveD

« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2011, 11:37:27 AM »
Wow.  Asking for money for the enhanced version of a product that never worked for C3D with the promise that, what, it really works now?  I've heard that from them in many different forms for the last 20 years.  I was one of the fortunate CAD Managers who spotted th vault trap early on and recommended we not implement.  That was 5 versions ago and I've kept my eye on it ever since with no hope of it becoming useful.

Autodesk would be wise to market the new features, if they work, continue to push it out for free for a couple releases and then do a major upgrade for $$ once some people understand how it would beneifit their group.  Still sucky business, but at least it makes sense rather than this type of grab that will most likely fail miserably because of vaults track record.

I would HIGHLY recommend you hold passing judgment until you've at least reviewed Vault Collaboration AEC 2012. We have made significant changes to the way Vault & C3D interact as well as the way your data can be shared with outside parties. VC AEC will NOT be free with Subscription, it is a separate purchase.

While you may still find that VC AEC doesn't do anything to improve your particular situation, I just encourage all of you to make sure you understand the latest product improvements before writing off a pretty powerful tool for Civil firms. Visit with your reseller, they should understand your business and situation to be of real help in making these evaluations. If your reseller doesn't have the answers to satisfy you, please ask them to contact me via the Frontline team at Autodesk.

DaveD

« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2011, 11:42:34 AM »
"fear of having to deal with -you-"

<eyeroll>  We've all got our opoinions.  I doubt this guys scaring anyone who has a valid one away.  'cept (maybe) you I guess.

I think the forum would benefit if you would be less of a turd to Autodesk whenever someone worth listening to pipes up.  Believe it or not, we don't all want to listen to -only you- on these topics, and your vitriolic and confrontational attitude comes through pretty strongly, and we all know it chases away valuable resources that would otherwise contribute more if it were not for fear of having to deal with -you-

barc

« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2011, 12:59:10 PM »
:-( I guess :lol: I need to start :-o adding smilies as well  :wink: I wasn't insulted  :pissed: (that's hard to do by the way)  :ugly: I was just trying  :angel: to play along.  :mrgreen: :whistle: :loco:

.                                                                               

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2011, 01:03:30 PM »
:-( I guess :lol: I need to start :-o adding smilies as well  :wink: I wasn't insulted  :pissed: (that's hard to do by the way)  :ugly: I was just trying  :angel: to play along.  :mrgreen: :whistle: :loco:

.                                                                               
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

barc

« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2011, 01:04:43 PM »
Sweet, where'd you find those??  ummm... that???

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2011, 01:07:47 PM »
Sweet, where'd you find those??  ummm... that???
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io