Author Topic: Vault yeah or neah  (Read 21693 times)

Wedding

Re: Vault yeah or neah
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 12:47:40 PM »
What extra benefit from the paid version will the non users of the free version see James?

Without going into a full product launch, Vault Collaboration AEC expands on the Vault functionality most of you already know a bit about. To my mind, big ticket items include:
  • Lifecycles and Categories for data process management
  • Integration with Civil 3D at an object level helping understand use/uses cases for Civil 3D objects
  • Background file synchronization between remote offices at a full replication or data replication level
  • Automated tasks through job server functionality to make sharing data easier

The reason I can't go into full details or offer up pricing is that your reseller knows you and your firm better than I do and can answer your questions better. Each company that looks at Vault Collaboration AEC will have different needs. Again, that list is what makes ME smile, but it might not be what floats your boat. If you want to see how it could fit your firm, talk to your reseller.

JCTER

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 01:04:50 PM »
Is Vault AEC equally as effective for plain jane Autocad users?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 01:05:13 PM »
What extra benefit from the paid version will the non users of the free version see James?

Without going into a full product launch, Vault Collaboration AEC expands on the Vault functionality most of you already know a bit about. To my mind, big ticket items include:
  • Lifecycles and Categories for data process management
  • Integration with Civil 3D at an object level helping understand use/uses cases for Civil 3D objects
  • Background file synchronization between remote offices at a full replication or data replication level
  • Automated tasks through job server functionality to make sharing data easier

The reason I can't go into full details or offer up pricing is that your reseller knows you and your firm better than I do and can answer your questions better. Each company that looks at Vault Collaboration AEC will have different needs. Again, that list is what makes ME smile, but it might not be what floats your boat. If you want to see how it could fit your firm, talk to your reseller.
Yes each firm my have different needs, and from what I see this product appears to not provide any of what we really want.
Are you saying it allows point sharing?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

barc

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 01:06:27 PM »
nah, already have a doc management application for the several million pounds of documentation we produce thats not AutCAD.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 01:08:53 PM »
Why don't you folks give us MAP funtionality with our Civil 3D objects so we could readly get our BIM on?
And use our GIS tools to maximum advantage. 
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

JCTER

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 02:19:32 PM »
I guess so long as Higgson, here, is posting, we can say goodbye to ever hoping for Autodesk personnel taking part in the Swamp discussion.  :roll:

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 03:17:08 PM »
I guess so long as Higgson, here, is posting, we can say goodbye to ever hoping for Autodesk personnel taking part in the Swamp discussion.  :roll:
I dunno, with this guy James if they are participating, or just marketing.
Reference another post today, is
"you can Google that"
really helping?

Be your Best

Michael Farrell

JCTER

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 03:33:16 PM »
I think the forum would benefit if you would be less of a turd to Autodesk whenever someone worth listening to pipes up.  Believe it or not, we don't all want to listen to -only you- on these topics, and your vitriolic and confrontational attitude comes through pretty strongly, and we all know it chases away valuable resources that would otherwise contribute more if it were not for fear of having to deal with -you-

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 03:47:50 PM »
I think the forum would benefit if you would be less of a turd to Autodesk whenever someone worth listening to pipes up.  Believe it or not, we don't all want to listen to -only you- on these topics, and your vitriolic and confrontational attitude comes through pretty strongly, and we all know it chases away valuable resources that would otherwise contribute more if it were not for fear of having to deal with -you-

James,
Respectfully the ideas I express are not mine alone.
This is what I hear from users I train, and companies I support.
Their feedback to their dealers goes unheeded.
If autodesk or their representative what to live in some euphoric dream-state believing that nothing is wrong with their products or services, perhaps they should not post here.  If they want real customer feed back and honest assessment of the quality and value of their products, I say welcome aboard.

I think you miss that this is or was a discussion about usability and or usefullness of Vault.
To that end most of us offered reasoned opinion.  And the consensus was reached that it is NOT worth bothering with.
That wasn't only my opinion on the topic.

Then we get an offer for a paid version of the thing that isn't worth using as a solution.
The paid version still lacking the features or functions that would make it useful to a larger population of Civil offices.
One would need to be some crazy fan boy to think that type of input has value.

Be your Best

Michael Farrell

JCTER

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 04:00:46 PM »
If autodesk or their representative what to live in some euphoric dream-state believing that nothing is wrong with their products or services,
That, with no absolute respect what so ever, ain't your damned call.
I think you miss that this is or was a discussion about usability and or usefullness of Vault.
To that end most of us offered reasoned opinion.  And the consensus was reached that it is NOT worth bothering with.
That wasn't only my opinion on the topic.
Why don't you folks give us MAP funtionality with our Civil 3D objects so we could readly get our BIM on?
And use our GIS tools to maximum advantage.  

Yep - sure looks like I'm the one missing the point of the thread.  Sure is.  /sarcasm.

Here's my previous contributions before being fed up:
Yea.  Guess that's me being way off topic here. :roll:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:03:53 PM by James Cannon »

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 04:37:30 PM »
It is my opinion, and last I checked we are entitled to having them on this site, at least.

I don't recall being an autodesk fan was a requisite to being a member of The Swamp.

Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Birdy

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 04:59:27 PM »
James;
I use vault daily with vanilla, though it is an older version (2008)
Works great.... for our needs.  YMMV.
as Wedding says, it depends on what your particular needs are.

JCTER

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 05:08:35 PM »
It is my opinion, and last I checked we are entitled to having them on this site, at least.

I don't recall being an autodesk fan was a requisite to being a member of The Swamp.

It's one thing to have an opinion on whether or not they should post, and another thing entirely to ACTIVELY chase them away!

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »
boo!

I didn't think I was that scary.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

StykFacE