Author Topic: Need Help Urget - will pay.  (Read 33734 times)

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
Re: Need Help Urget - will pay.
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2011, 02:29:29 AM »
All drawings are handsketch.
there is no electronic drawings. I am going to give them this utility.
They just bought Autocad. everything used to be  marked on hardcopy archtiect drawing ,manualy
and input in Excel.

That is probably why the ObjectARX solution was slow I have heard they do not run very fast on paper.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2011, 02:38:46 AM »
All drawings are handsketch.
there is no electronic drawings. I am going to give them this utility.
They just bought Autocad. everything used to be  marked on hardcopy archtiect drawing ,manualy
and input in Excel.

That is probably why the ObjectARX solution was slow I have heard they do not run very fast on paper.

Yep, and also probably why one of the criteria is that the block names can't be changed .. the whiteout looks so ugly on the monitor.

:|

This is probably a late April Fools joke gone wrong.

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

vnsharifi

« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2011, 03:26:53 AM »
Well, What can I say. I will create a drawing with that faulty program ObjectArj. will submit to you Tuesday. They never were able to create a working drawing off that  Program and that is why I am a replacement. I think my command of English is not understanable here. Like the same Boo Boo I made for DAD. and It was cleare. There are more misundestanding.
Anyways. Thanks for all your investigation and help.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
Re: Need Help Urgent - will pay.
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2011, 04:36:36 AM »
I will create a drawing with that faulty program ObjectArj. will submit to you Tuesday. They never were able to create a working drawing off that  Program and that is why I am a replacement. < .. >

You said previously that the ARX was too slow. Are you saying now that it doesn't work. ?

You stated that there are 80 values associated with each tag.
How are these entered ?
How are they saved ?
What are they used for ?

added:
vnsharifi, I see you are from Canada.
What is your native language ?
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

vnsharifi

Re: Need Help Urgent - will pay.
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2011, 11:32:07 AM »
I will create a drawing with that faulty program ObjectArj. will submit to you Tuesday. They never were able to create a working drawing off that  Program and that is why I am a replacement. < .. >

You said previously that the ARX was too slow. Are you saying now that it doesn't work. ?

You stated that there are 80 values associated with each tag.
How are these entered ?
How are they saved ?
What are they used for ?

added:
vnsharifi, I see you are from Canada.
What is your native language ?

Kerry,
I am so sorry, I asked help from you. Look what are you saying my friend.
You looked into profile to be able to make fun of me? !! Bad Boy.
I am embarrassed even to mention that. Now after reviewing this story again I just noticed something interesting. Are you integrating me to find the source of company to get the project for yourself? Is that all about? Project has enough money I was willing to share it with you happily. You were the one who claimed to will help me for free to make it visible for everybody to learn.
When you work in a team you don’t need to know about all aspects of project. You write your part and somebody else writes his part. And somebody else  will combine them. If you keep asking these non-related questions Just  find the company name. Why didn't you asked at first place instead of all these harassing.
Now after all this I dare to return your attitude to yourself, I apologize from everybody else to make this thread so unprofessional.
1-Why didn’t you see Ushape dynamic block file at first place On Reply #21, where everybody else found it?
2-Did you read the project details on Reply #21? How come Jeff completely understood it and made a simple drawing as a simple plan and you still don’t get it?
3- Are you a giver or taker?  How come when I asked a simple question regard  with  ObjectId  values are not being hold, after a drawing opens and close ,, Lee mark from nowhere , just  put a comment and solved the problem and after that Jeff put extra note to re-clarify it again(So nice o him ) Where have you been that time?
4-Why don’t you provide any snip code at all?  I check randomly a few other threads .I doesn’t see so many codes there. Are you a giver or taker?
5-Do you think, have you ever been able to answer to one of my stupid/ novice/elementary questions so far? Mark Lee and Jeff were able to solve a lot of my questions. What about you?
6- Are you always  find it fun and enjoyable   to put people down, and find a lack in their  abilities?
It is up to you to stay in this  forum for free to learn (IF YOU NEED IT) or if you are really a programmer and know things, I will pay you $2000 to write a function to do whatever Jeff showed on his sketch (It is big enough you won’t miss it, like the way my block was missed and I was accused at first place). That is your part. If I see you have ability to finish things  then I will give you another fucntion, I have limited time with these guys I need men who could do/finish things.  Money would be good if you have enough experience and skills, I don’t. I  hope yours  is not cripple like mine( But the truth is I haven’t seen anything  to prove it) . You don’t need to know anything else about database, shop, field (I made a big mistake  even  mentioned it at first place)  and other stuff. Please only put technical and code related comment. And  only put,  If you can give me a  code which could accomplish Jeff sketch. Either for Money or for free. It is up to you.  I will use your code as function in core program which I am working on it. 
Regard with your question. I started to Learn English 2 Years ago. English is 4th language I am learning.
Originally I speak French (My mother language) .Other Language I speak I like my English (So and so).
Answer to the rest of questions would be rely on either you have capability to finish Jeff sketch or not. I don’t have time to translate  from French to English. This is business doesn’t take it personally and that small Jeff sketch is your passport to make everybody believe your skills is not crippling. I have been working in big companies when there is a project all the functions are being distrubted between programmers and somebody ( PA) will combine them. How don’t how things are being done in your country. But here in North America that is the way it is. So prove to us what you know buddy.
Hurry. Man, give us Jeff Sketch in Vb.net and  I will put 2000$ PayPal receipt on this forum  after you finish that part. And then I will apologize from you in front of everybody  for accusing your skills level  to be compared to some stupid person like me.
Regards,

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2011, 12:41:26 PM »
I have not read any of this thread other than the last post but I consider Kerry a friend of mine and what was said in the last post does NOT describe Kerry at all!  Kerry is a very good programmer and he does know several programing languages and if all of the languages he does know was not enough he can have anything i wrote/write and claim it as his.

Kerry was most likely trying to help you understand some area or problem he foresaw with your logic or code. He was most likely trying to convey his experience to help shape your code.

I apologize for my outburst; I will go back and read more of this thread now.
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2011, 02:56:16 PM »
The problem with Kerry is he does things in a intelligent, efficent, well organized manner and actually is being the most helpful by trying to get a detailed description of the problem.

Seriously, I think Kerry is doing the best thing for you by trying to get a detailed description of the problem.

You will find the guys with the most knowledge and best advice do not just post a bunch of code.
That is for guys like me who have gained enough knowledge to know good places to find answers and then post the code in a effort to look smart.

This has made me think I probably have done more harm than good by just posting code and I am not talking about this thread.
I have posted code to questions asked and then later when I see what they were actually trying accomplish I wish I have never posted it.
Kerry could be trying to prevent this.

Honestly I think you getting a false sense that you are making gains toward a solution and Kerry could be trying to help you by stopping this now then it blowing up on you later.

Kerry is the only one that is actually helping you.
By asking you questions he is trying to make you think, and addressing questions that need a full explanation for this project to be sucessful.

For example:
Why are storing the info in the drawing?
Should be answered with valids reason why and why other approaches would not be better.
This helps to make sure you are solving and understanding the correct problem, better advise can be given because people better understand problem.

When you work in a team you don’t need to know about all aspects of project. You write your part and somebody else writes his part. And somebody else  will combine them.
True but someone needs to fully understand the problem first before they can correctly break up the project in smaller parts.
You will be the one combining them, and trying to make sure your parts fit.
Would you hate to get it all together just to find out you not able to combine them?

Mark Lee and Jeff were able to solve a lot of my questions
I think Kerry knows that sometimes the questions being answered might be more harmful than good.
You could be creating a solution for problems that do not exist and help in no way solving original problem.
He might be trying to prevent this from the very begining instead of weeks of wasted work being done and nothing to show for it.

Are you a giver or taker?
The code I posted I probably stole from Kerry so does that count as a giver?

Did you read the project details on Reply #21? How come Jeff completely understood it

I really do not.
Maybe I underatand what your post ask for,
but I do not understand how what asked for or given would be any real use

Why didn’t you see Ushape dynamic block file
Can you promise and know for sure that this one drawing represents every possible block that will be used?
That code written that works for this one drawing will work on all other possible blocks to be used?
How do know what logic will be used and the code written will work on other blocks?
If it were me I would want to know and be testing on every single block that could be used

You don’t need to know anything else about database, shop, field (I made a big mistake  even  mentioned it at first place)  and other stuff.
Take a minute and think about it. Really think about it.
How does hiding that info help anyone give a better solution?

You are putting yourself in a situation to get completely ripped off.
It would be easy to create a solution for what you asked, but it is so obivious you do not understand or do not want to address some very important issues.
The issues you do not want or  don't understand to address are some of the more annoying ones.
So you are willing to pay someone for a solution that they do not have deal with any annoying matters and knows it will not end up working.

Kerry might be trying to keep some guy dropping in and taking your money.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:00:31 PM by Jeff H »

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2011, 06:57:38 PM »

Definitions of profile on the Web:
•an analysis (often in graphical form) representing the extent to which something exhibits various characteristics; "a biochemical profile of blood"; "a psychological profile of serial killers"

or the SHAPE of a U bend.

I used the word several times.

The rest I will ignore,
bye,

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2011, 07:00:56 PM »
Jeff, Thanks for the support. Your analysis of my intent was almost perfect.

added:
When faced with contradictory information the only thing to do is ask (if you care) ... or ignore it all.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:04:15 PM by Kerry »

Glenn R

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2011, 05:31:39 AM »
I'll invoke the 'barge pole' rule for myself me thinks.

LE3

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2011, 09:50:49 PM »
I see where the topic it is now... well since I am out of town and before came here, was able to put some of my stuff together for a basic USHape custom object ARX (template), it is not complete (of course) but my guess it might work.

- For AutoCAD 2010-11 32bits.

- The files are provided as-is no source code, just want to demonstrate that can be done via custom object like Kerry recommended or mentioned.

- Included are two binaries (DBX and ARX) - Open AutoCAD and loaded the DBX first then the ARX.

- Call the command: USHAPE (select two points the start and end point, by default the U height it is drawn at 2.5, try to draw it first using Or tho ON (F8))

- Then draw some AutoCAD entities let say on top of the ushape, maybe some circles.

- Call the command: AITEMS (Select the ushape object, then select one by one the circles to be attached to the ushape)

- Now, move the USHAPE to any other area.... select the USHAPE and stretch the u end points, use the grip point on the left-upper corner to modify the u height.

- Use COPYCLIP on the USHAPE and then PASTE and see if a new USHAPE it is drawn and also with new circles, and test if they are attached.

- Now, erase the USHAPE, and see if all the attached entities are erased too.

- Erase any of the attached entities and see if the USHAPE it is erased too.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:15:42 PM by LE »

mohnston

• Bull Frog
  • CAD Programmer
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2011, 01:29:00 AM »
I had a few minutes to try it out.
Using AC 2011 Win 7 32 bit

- The files are provided as-is no source code, just want to demonstrate that can be done via custom object like Kerry recommended or mentioned.

- Included are two binaries (DBX and ARX) - Open AutoCAD and loaded the DBX first then the ARX. Loaded successfully

- Call the command: USHAPE (select two points the start and end point, by default the U height it is drawn at 2.5, try to draw it first using Or tho ON (F8))Ran successfully - drew 2 ushapes

- Then draw some AutoCAD entities let say on top of the ushape, maybe some circles. Drew circles and polygons

- Call the command: AITEMS (Select the ushape object, then select one by one the circles to be attached to the ushape) Success

- Now, move the USHAPE to any other area.... select the USHAPE and stretch the u end points, use the grip point on the left-upper corner to modify the u height. ushape behaves differently based on grip selected. Attached objects are unaffected by ushape grip edit.

- Use COPYCLIP on the USHAPE and then PASTE and see if a new USHAPE it is drawn and also with new circles, and test if they are attached. Ushape and attached entities are copied. When the ushape copies are moved the "attached" entities do not move with them as they do with the original ushapes and their entities.

- Now, erase the USHAPE, and see if all the attached entities are erased too. When ushape is erased attached entities are erased. This is true of the originals and the copies.

- Erase any of the attached entities and see if the USHAPE it is erased too. When attached entity is erased ushapes are erased. This is true of the originals and the copies.

LE - you are a genius.
It's amazing what you can do when you don't know what you can't do.
CAD Programming Solutions

vnsharifi

« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2011, 08:58:34 AM »
Yes ,Le That is what I want ,exactly, That is great. Link is perfect and flawless. :-D
 :laugh:
Yes Kerry was right . But he didn't what you did . Action.
I am so glad you understood me. and I am sorry which this is done in an API ( ObjectArx) which I have  no clue about that. My fault . No offence.

After what you done I think I have to change  requirement and project detail.
But before that I need to know something . Answer this please and then we have business to do.

Now since It is done in an environment which I have no idea about it. I have a couple of questions.
1- I assume  you know  this shape  is one of 40 shapes. Do we have to write seperate code for each shape?
2- Do I have access to this Ushape Object thru dot net in order to read the leg lengths or change the leg lengths?
3- Shall you define the properties of this custom shape in your ARX code ? I mean by accessing means thru vb.net

I am sorry I thought you are a negative person. you were quiet  but an action guy. If you interested to be in touch personally I wrote my Email address at first  post. Cheers.

LE3

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2011, 09:24:52 AM »
:)

This was just a simple implementation not to involved... have an 64bit machine here and no arx sdks to do any test, the copyclip-paste it is strange, that should be working, but will have a look as oon i go back (2+ weeks).

Each grip it is setup to do certain task... the ones on the lower-left will change the width or base, the lower-right changes the leg length, the upper-left changes the leg length, and the upper-left changes the heigth.

Again it is just a quick sample.

Thanks.

I had a few minutes to try it out.
Using AC 2011 Win 7 32 bit

- Included are two binaries (DBX and ARX) - Open AutoCAD and loaded the DBX first then the ARX. Loaded successfully

- Call the command: USHAPE (select two points the start and end point, by default the U height it is drawn at 2.5, try to draw it first using Or tho ON (F8))Ran successfully - drew 2 ushapes

- Then draw some AutoCAD entities let say on top of the ushape, maybe some circles. Drew circles and polygons

- Call the command: AITEMS (Select the ushape object, then select one by one the circles to be attached to the ushape) Success

- Now, move the USHAPE to any other area.... select the USHAPE and stretch the u end points, use the grip point on the left-upper corner to modify the u height. ushape behaves differently based on grip selected. Attached objects are unaffected by ushape grip edit.

- Use COPYCLIP on the USHAPE and then PASTE and see if a new USHAPE it is drawn and also with new circles, and test if they are attached. Ushape and attached entities are copied. When the ushape copies are moved the "attached" entities do not move with them as they do with the original ushapes and their entities.

- Now, erase the USHAPE, and see if all the attached entities are erased too. When ushape is erased attached entities are erased. This is true of the originals and the copies.

- Erase any of the attached entities and see if the USHAPE it is erased too. When attached entity is erased ushapes are erased. This is true of the originals and the copies.

LE - you are a genius.

LE3

« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2011, 09:52:31 AM »
The base class it is the UShape but it is easy to derive from this one to add any other shape to change it graphically if that what you mean about the 40 different shapes (or that they are not an U).

I am very busy at least for the next 3+ months, and after that might only have a chance to do some side work on my weekends but that it is not for sure.

To access this object via C# or VB.NET the easy way it can be done with PInvoke, or the fancy way but more involved and of course a better approach is to make a NET wrapper.

Any method can be added to the ushape class and can be exposed via pinvoke as mentioned above, there can be for example three texts objects to be a part of the custom object, that once they are edited, it can change the shape length's or graphics.

The good about something like this, is that you have your own container, no need for a group or block or dblock, or to use reactors, etc, and the entities can be still part of your container and modified separatly but they are associated, this it is based on one of my previous solutions, where i spent 14+ months on the making.

And nope I do not take anything personal anymore - have more better things to worried now :)... people here are nice, been here for a long time...

Yes ,Le That is what I want ,exactly, That is great. Link is perfect and flawless. :-D
 :laugh:
Yes Kerry was right . But he didn't what you did . Action.
I am so glad you understood me. and I am sorry which this is done in an API ( ObjectArx) which I have  no clue about that. My fault . No offence.

After what you done I think I have to change  requirement and project detail.
But before that I need to know something . Answer this please and then we have business to do.

Now since It is done in an environment which I have no idea about it. I have a couple of questions.
1- I assume  you know  this shape  is one of 40 shapes. Do we have to write seperate code for each shape?
2- Do I have access to this Ushape Object thru dot net in order to read the leg lengths or change the leg lengths?
3- Shall you define the properties of this custom shape in your ARX code ? I mean by accessing means thru vb.net

I am sorry I thought you are a negative person. you were quiet  but an action guy. If you interested to be in touch personally I wrote my Email address at first  post. Cheers.