Author Topic: Storing variables  (Read 18500 times)

cadman6735

Re: Storing variables
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2011, 08:55:48 AM »
Se7en
I have read only half of your document so far, I like the concept.  This seems to be like building modules in Visual Basic.  (I know nothing about VBA, this will be my next venture) but seems to follow the module concept as I would understand it.

I am going to have some questions when I am done reading it, would you be opposed if I stated a new thread to discuss this topic and get your document back to the top of the thread pile so others can join?

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2011, 10:02:54 AM »
(I know nothing about VBA, this will be my next venture)

I'd steer clear, VBA is dead.

cadman6735

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2011, 11:02:27 AM »
I'd steer clear, VBA is dead.
Really?  Revit is programed using VBA or C# I am going in what ever direction Revit is programmed in, so I will look into your comment and adjust accordingly.

Thanks for the heads up.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2011, 01:29:20 PM »
Se7en
I have read only half of your document so far, I like the concept.  This seems to be like building modules in Visual Basic.  (I know nothing about VBA, this will be my next venture) but seems to follow the module concept as I would understand it.

I am going to have some questions when I am done reading it, would you be opposed if I stated a new thread to discuss this topic and get your document back to the top of the thread pile so others can join?

Hi cadman6735,
Yes sorta. All programing has the ability to build modules (as you put it) so the concepts i wrote about are concepts for all (worthwile) programing languages.

I dont do much lisp any more so i dont know how well i will be at answering spcific questions but i will definatly try to help as much as i can.

BTW, Revit is most likely written in C++ (but the language that Revit is written in has nothing to do with it). The API is what you are interisted in; you use C# to access the API for Revit. Search Wikipedia for "Application programming interface".
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org