Author Topic: Wall Styles  (Read 8400 times)

Artisan

Wall Styles
« on: January 25, 2005, 04:12:30 PM »
Ok, I am having a heck of a time in trying to create some wall styles for our use. This whole ADT thing is still new to me, so I am struggling. I have 3.3 right now working on our stuff, so I am looking for a quick lesson in how to create wall styles for our needs.

I have been trying to come up with a 6" brick veneer wall on a 24" wide footing for our daylight basements and I finding no success. Any help would be helpful

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
Wall Styles
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 05:42:35 PM »
Check your PM...

• Bull Frog
Wall Styles
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 06:14:44 PM »
So are you going to share with the rest of us. It would be interesting to see how others create wall styles..........even if they are in imperial.
Alastair Mallett Autodesk Certified Professional
Technical Director
Hunters South Architects

Artisan

Wall Styles
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 09:10:40 AM »
Ok, I haven't heard from Dommy yet, but here's what I have:

I am trying to create a 6" stud wall with brick veneer on a 24" wide footing.

I have 4 components set up so far.
1. Brick Veneer-810 priority 1" edge offset 4" width
2. Air Gap-700 priority 0" edge offset 1" width
3. Stud-500 priority -6" edge offset 6" width
4. Footing-??? priority -12.5" edge offset 24" width

These components work good except for the footing. I have changed the priority from 200 to 1500 to see if I could get it to work. Anything lower than 810 will make my stud and brick walls not work. Anything over 810 will give me the red error circle that you get on walls that are not correct. I am lost on what to do.

Here is a view of it:
http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/artisan/wallstyle.JPG?nossi=1

• Bull Frog
Wall Styles
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 09:24:03 AM »
I'lll have a look tonight, short of time at the office.

Alastair
Technical Director
Hunters South Architects

Artisan

Wall Styles
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 09:33:57 AM »
Quote from: 42
I'lll have a look tonight, short of time at the office.

Alastair

Many thanks

Artisan

Wall Styles
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 03:23:17 PM »
Ok fellows, I had tried and tried to create the wall style that I have talked about here without any luck at all. I have tried everything I know of and read but still nothing. Can one of you try to create this wall style and tell me if it works for you? This one wall style is holding up my project and it's beginning to bug me now.

Bob Garner

Wall Styles
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 04:13:02 PM »
Artisan,

Just curious, why are you showing the footing on a wall plan?  Usually, footings show up in foundation plans only.

And a deeper question - what is the meaning of your new avatar?

bobber

Artisan

Wall Styles
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Bob Garner
Artisan,

Just curious, why are you showing the footing on a wall plan?  Usually, footings show up in foundation plans only.

And a deeper question - what is the meaning of your new avatar?

bobber

Bob,

On our basement plans, we show not only the foundation walls, but also the footings, including interior load bearing walls and their footings. Yes, this is a lot of "junk" to load onto one plan, but our guys want it that way. It's funny sometimes, I'll get a call from a super asking me why I didn't label something and I'll have to tell him that I did, it was labeled under the 20 other lines and notes that are on the plan too that you wanted. Anyway, on our walk-out basements, we generally frame the rear wall with 2x6's and brick veneer on an 8" and 12" cmu on the footing. I need to get a wall style that shows this and I am having zero luck in getting it too work out right.

As for the avatar, well I just feel like that sometimes I guess. I think I have even had dreams about it. As for the hair style, well since mine is coming out, I figured at least I could have some in the virtual world. :D

• Bull Frog
Wall Styles
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 03:30:19 PM »
It maybe that you have created the foundation at the wrong level. I have up loaded a wall style at http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/42/wall.dwg?nossi=1

The wall is 2500mm high above the baseline, the depth of wall below the ground floor is 750mm shown as -750 from baseline in the components tab. The foundation is shown as -1000mm from the baesline to the underside of the foundation, and -750mm from the baseline, for the top of the wall.

This may of may not be your problem. If you could post the wall its self I could have a look.

Alastair
Technical Director
Hunters South Architects

Artisan

Wall Styles
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 04:13:13 PM »
Quote from: 42
It maybe that you have created the foundation at the wrong level. I have up loaded a wall style at http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/42/wall.dwg?nossi=1

The wall is 2500mm high above the baseline, the depth of wall below the ground floor is 750mm shown as -750 from baseline in the components tab. The foundation is shown as -1000mm from the baesline to the underside of the foundation, and -750mm from the baseline, for the top of the wall.

This may of may not be your problem. If you could post the wall its self I could have a look.

Alastair

Thanks for the help. I had wasted so much time on this thing, it's not even funny. After thinking about it some more, I will also have a problem getting the footing to cleanup with the cmu wall footing as well without having the stud wall mess up the cmu wall. Anyway, here is the wall style:

http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/artisan/wallstyle.dwg?nossi=1

Thanks for looking.

• Bull Frog
Wall Styles
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2005, 07:50:26 PM »
The problem lies with your opening and wall end caps. Can you draw out in lines what you are trying to achieve.
Technical Director
Hunters South Architects