Author Topic: AutoCAD 2012 New Feature Summary  (Read 17238 times)

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
Re: AutoCAD 2012 New Feature Summary
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2011, 08:43:49 AM »
I noticed you can buy some 2012 products directly from Autodesk website. Has it always been that way or are they starting to fade out resellers?

JCTER

« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2011, 09:05:49 AM »
Yep, failed that ways too.

Gotta love it.  *sigh*  :|

Now I get to jump through the subscription help desk hoops.

Stupid question time: did you install .NET Framework v4.0 beforehand, and reboot before installing AutoCAD?
Don't know.  I pretty much followed the installation like it told me to, blindly.  I did try restarting between every step when able, just in case, and that made no change though :(

I did find this: http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2009/07/error-adlmpitsetproductinformation-failed-.html http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-motionbuilder/autodesk-motionbuilder-2009/installation-problem/
in regards to 2010.  Going to try that and see how it goes.
BUT DO NOT DO WHAT IS IN THOSE TWO POSTS - DESPITE ONE EVEN BEING A FREAKING AUTODESK BLOG, IT RENDERED PREVIOUS INSTALLATIONS UNABLE TO EXECUTE, AND REQUIRED A REPAIR INSTALLATION
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 09:22:05 AM by James Cannon »

JCTER

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
lmao, talk about EXTREME MEASURES, but I followed the instructions here: http://www.vgionline.com/PageDisplay.asp?p1=27023

Extreme?  yes.

Last resort?  Absolutely.

Likely a necessary thing after a number of install/uninstalls?  I'm thinking so.

Every little quirky problem I ever had is gone.  From tool palette issues to the actual ability to run the program - I'm 100% now.

Crappy day turned to YAY.
----

Edit-To-Add: I was linked to this, by the Autodesk customer service dude, via email: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13540825&linkID=12305695  and he pretty much verified that I did the needful, and with the corrupt file that was pointed out to me, I had to basically uninstall/repair all Autodesk products.  Glad to know that my extreme measures were, indeed, necessary.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:56:34 AM by James Cannon »

JCTER

« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2011, 12:12:42 PM »
Sorry for getting off topic there, that's not really 2012 relevant. :oops: :oops:

Back on topic, one thing that's irking me is that they changed the FONT of the command line text.  (See Below)

I had to google-fu around the place and figure out WHERE I can change that, just because I was so unfamiliar with it.

It now defaults to the font "CONSOLAS" at the command line, but I don't particularly care for it.  It's a bit small, as well.

Under OPTIONS, pick the DISPLAY tab, and in the "Window Elements" area of the the section, there is a button for "Fonts" and you can change it there.  I don't recall ever having to change that before, so I had to search around for it.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2011, 12:26:16 PM »
I always changed the font to lucida console 8pt in the network loaded profile for the entire company.
Let the command line be smaller and show more data.
Also allowed me to maintain network palette locations.
That is the only way I could control palettes beyond the enterprise cui and workspaces including them.

On a side note....
2012 removed the "Add this folder" option from the places and browse for folder right click menu.
Its now entirely type in manually if I want to add.... sucks. :pissed:

JCTER

« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2011, 12:28:21 PM »
Just drag the folder over.

I had to replace all my folders on that side bar and just dragged them there.  I didn't notice the lack of 'add this folder' I guess. 

Nibster

« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2011, 01:59:11 PM »
Just drag the folder over.
I had to replace all my folders on that side bar and just dragged them there.  I didn't notice the lack of 'add this folder' I guess.  
:kewl:

i never thought of doing that.  

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2011, 08:20:38 AM »
I noticed you can buy some 2012 products directly from Autodesk website. Has it always been that way or are they starting to fade out resellers?

I believe Autodesk has been selling direct via their website since maybe the 2002 release...?
Can't imagine why anyone would go that route, since you'll pay list price.