Author Topic: where did my paper space icon go?!  (Read 9670 times)

johnny99

where did my paper space icon go?!
« on: March 09, 2011, 08:03:50 PM »
AArgh ... sorry for a stupid question.  I'm new to AutoCad Architectural 2010 (all for that matter) and my button that switched from model space to paper space has disappeared.  Help?!  Thank you

JCTER

Re: where did my paper space icon go?!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:09:28 PM »
Right Click in the area you normally would see it, on the plain bar, not on other buttons/toggles/icons

Then click MODEL/PAPER to 'check' it back on.

It's a persistent bug that the button will sporadically and periodically toggle itself off, so it's handy to keep a mental note on how to do this.

Most things like this are "set it and forget it" but this one sadly cannot be forgotten.

CCDesigner

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 03:01:56 PM »
There are many ways to turn them ON/OFF. Look for "Display Layout and Model tabs" under the Layout Elements pane on the bottom-left of the Display Tab in your Options Dialog box.

OR you can turn them ON/OFF via your CUI by clicking on the (current) Workspace, then changing the value of the "Model/Layout tabs" in the bottom-right page (below Display)

I also thought there was a System Variable that turns them ON/OFF, but I don't recall what it is (or if there actually is one).

Good Luck!!

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 06:20:32 AM »

I also thought there was a System Variable that turns them ON/OFF, but I don't recall what it is (or if there actually is one).

Good Luck!!

That one is what I check first... UCSICON

Command: ucsicon
Enter an option [ON/OFF/All/Noorigin/ORigin/Properties] <ON>:
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

CCDesigner

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 10:29:06 AM »

Good Luck!!

That one is what I check first... UCSICON

Command: ucsicon
Enter an option [ON/OFF/All/Noorigin/ORigin/Properties] <ON>:

You lost me. Really?