Author Topic: Pay for floor plans?  (Read 6267 times)

craigr

Pay for floor plans?
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2005, 02:04:36 PM »
Okay, I'll bite.

What is BTBB?

nivuahc

Pay for floor plans?
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2005, 09:04:05 PM »
The initials of a firm that we do work with in Macon Georgia.

jwisherd

Pay for floor plans?
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2005, 05:20:54 PM »
Computer copies should not cost to pass on, as the various subs should be working together to give the client the project they want at a resonable price. Every time 1 firm jacks up the price to pass along info it ends up hitting the client in the end. Now if it is cost incurred in making hard copies, I can see that, and we often pass along those fees to those who request the addtional hardcopies.  But cad files should not  generaal come with a fee when passed along to someone else working on the same project.
Who are you working for? The engineering firm? the Client? the Architect?

craigr

Pay for floor plans?
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2005, 05:28:32 PM »
That's a 'touchy' question.

The END result is that we are ALL working for the bldg. owner. -

BUT we are really working for the contractor that is PAYING us as a subcontractor.

Luckily, 99% of our Security jobs are directly to the Bldg. owner.

Bottom line, you have be careful not to step on ANY toes when chasing dwgs.

craigr

dubb

• Swamp Rat
Pay for floor plans?
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2005, 06:06:23 PM »
i dont know if im hijacking your thread, and i mighth not have read all the posts here but i had this situation at work...where these clients would buy a whole set of architectural plans off the internet or from somewhere. the problem was that there wasnt a dwg file it was a str8 set of plans copied. my company loses profit on these types of projects, so my boss turns them down. the budget doesnt meet client satisfication. there is lack of an architect. the only guess i have on loss of profit due to this situation is the drafting time.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Pay for floor plans?
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2005, 06:31:40 PM »
Quote from: dubb
i dont know if im hijacking your thread, and i mighth not have read all the posts here but i had this situation at work...where these clients would buy a whole set of architectural plans off the internet or from somewhere. the problem was that there wasnt a dwg file it was a str8 set of plans copied. my company loses profit on these types of projects, so my boss turns them down. the budget doesnt meet client satisfication. there is lack of an architect. the only guess i have on loss of profit due to this situation is the drafting time.

Well, let me tell you about those plans ... I have had people bring me a "complete" set of plans from one of those books where you pay $600 and you get the construction documents and guess what ... they ARE NOT BUILDABLE ... I have seen various obvious and some not so obvious errors in those plans, such as support posts being shown on the floor plan, but not in the basement ... they don't just magically hang in the air ya' know ... how about a second floor bathroom that is directly over a first floor volume ceiling ... or a second floor that is larger than the first floor ... or an elevation that cannot be made to match the floor plans because it does not even look like the same house.

People buy pictures ... and you can draw some really pretty pictures, unfortunately it would be akin to building an escher mobius
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

dubb

• Swamp Rat
Pay for floor plans?
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2005, 06:48:34 PM »
right....! some people cut corners and have poor planning...."poor planning in your part should not complicate me" someone said that to me...and they might be right.

whdjr

Pay for floor plans?
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2005, 12:02:33 PM »
Quote from: nivuahc
Quote from: whdjr
About 95% of our work is doing Pre-K thru 12th grade school work.

BTBB?

Nope.

DeLoach Architects