Author Topic: Direction Control  (Read 3234 times)

banner

Direction Control
« on: February 25, 2011, 09:57:59 AM »
One of my users has a drawing which the "direction control" seems to be backward.

He's trying to draw a line using a distance and bearing, but when he wants the line to go NE, it does SE.

In that drawing, when I look at the "direction control" in the drawing units dialogue box, the E and W directions are correct, but the N and S directions are backwards.  I can't figure out how to fix this.

Any ideas?

Picture attached.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
Re: Direction Control
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 10:06:25 AM »
I see you have clockwise checked now if they only had a counter-clockwise checkbox....

banner

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 10:07:43 AM »
I see you have clockwise checked now if they only had a counter-clockwise checkbox....

I see what you did there!

Sometimes the answer lies right in front of your face!

Thank you!

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 10:19:27 AM »
Was this also impacting the Transparent Command entry?  If that was the method they were using.
Trying to determine if that impacts the transparent commands, or 'only' autocad commands.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 10:27:53 AM »
Was this also impacting the Transparent Command entry?  If that was the method they were using.
Trying to determine if that impacts the transparent commands, or 'only' autocad commands.

If the user had been usingthe Civil 3D, Transparent Commands the autocad 'direction' settings would have had NO impact on his drawings.
Could be time to have them review those Transparent Commands.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/