Author Topic: Plot routine  (Read 5733 times)

A_LOTA_NOTA

Plot routine
« on: February 23, 2011, 10:18:27 AM »
Does anyone have a routine that will plot all the tabs of every open drawing? I guess it would have to make sure there was a title block first. Sometimes the title block would be in model space and others in paper space. If it was in model space no need to look in paper space. Then send it to the default system printer.

This might have to be more of a custom routine but I thought I’d ask here first.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: Plot routine
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:39:01 AM »
PUBLISH (won't check where your titleblocks are but will give you an interface to plot)

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 10:44:10 AM »
PUBLISH (won't check where your titleblocks are but will give you an interface to plot)

PUBLISH wont plot all the drawings I have open will it? I would have to make a list of the drawigns I want published.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 10:49:22 AM »
You might have to have the lisp create a script, as the drawing has to be current to plot, IIRC.  I tried printing, batch style, with lisp, and couldn't get it to work the way I wanted.  I had to go the C# route.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 10:50:32 AM »

PUBLISH wont plot all the drawings I have open will it? I would have to make a list of the drawigns I want published.

It should put them into a list .. then you'd have to select what to plot. Saving a list is optional.

Custom Build PC

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 11:00:04 AM »
You might have to have the lisp create a script, as the drawing has to be current to plot, IIRC.  I tried printing, batch style, with lisp, and couldn't get it to work the way I wanted.  I had to go the C# route.

I knew that but wasn't thinking when I posted here. I should have posted in the .NET section.

Thank you for the reply

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »
You might be able to do it if it is only dealing with drawings that are already open.  Look into the system variable LispInit.

That idea won't work either, as it would have to make the other drawing current, and when it did it would stop the lisp.  Back to my original post.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 11:05:07 AM »
Publish will plot open and closed drawings.  You load the desired files.  You can then remove and add layout tabs (and reorder) as you see fit. 

[] Repeat after me.[/]  The publish command is my friend!  :evil: :-D
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 11:05:42 AM »

It should put them into a list .. then you'd have to select what to plot. Saving a list is optional.

What I was saying was, I would need a list of drawings I want ploted then I would also need to know tabs I wanted ploted. I don't want to have to make a list then add it to publisher. I just want to type DO-IT (or whatever) and the routine plot all tabs that have title blocks in all the open drawings.

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 11:09:12 AM »
[] Repeat after me.[/]  The publish command is my friend!  :evil: :-D

This might be true if publisher knew what drawings are currently open and would publish them with no other input from the user. But I don't think this is the case.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 11:27:23 AM »
Maybe your PUBLISHALLSHEETS variable is set to 0. Change it to 1 and it will populate all open drawings.

Custom Build PC

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 11:34:13 AM »
Maybe your PUBLISHALLSHEETS variable is set to 0. Change it to 1 and it will populate all open drawings.
I don't mean to thread jack, but do you know why in 2009 (haven't tested in new version), when you run publish on a number of layouts, it opens the active drawing in a temp folder? I've never seen publish do this in any other version, is it some strange setting?
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 11:44:47 AM »
Maybe that's what happens when publish in background is selected. I've had that unchecked for years (setvar 'backgroundplot 0) because of speed (on larger drawings).

Custom Build PC

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 11:46:22 AM »
Maybe that's what happens when publish in background is selected. I've had that unchecked for years (setvar 'backgroundplot 0) because of speed (on larger drawings).
Nope, I don't use/like background plot - variable is also set to 0.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 12:08:20 PM »
Nope, I don't use/like background plot - variable is also set to 0.

No answer ... sorry  :?

Custom Build PC