Author Topic: Dragging Walls to the tool palette  (Read 6217 times)

Artisan

Dragging Walls to the tool palette
« on: January 18, 2005, 03:43:22 PM »
In ADT 2005, I read that you can drag a wall style from the Styles Manager where I created the wall a custom tab I created on the Tool Palette. But when I select the wall style to start drawing, it will not let me and gives me an error saying that "A Style or Definition could not be located for this tool"

Anyone know why? I know the style works because I am able to change the properties of a previously drawn wall and make it the wall style I created. This ADT 2005 is whipping me right now.

Artisan

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 04:18:49 PM »
Ok. I drew a wall using one wall style and then I changed the properties of that wall and made it my custom wall style. I then dragged my custom wall style onto the tool palette and now it works fine. I could not drag it from the Style Manager, but I could from the drawing screen.

hyposmurf

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 04:44:34 PM »
Am I right inn thinking you can now drag items toi the tool palettes in 2005?You couldnt in 2004,had to go through the design centre,bit annoying.

Artisan

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 07:43:01 AM »
hypo,
I am not sure how it was handled prior to 2005. I have only used 3.3 for about 2 months and now I am using 2005. It's completely new stuff to me, so I am learning something every day.

Bob Garner

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 10:29:51 AM »
I also understand that in 2005, you can drag and drop your model space drawing into paper space.  Anyone know how that works?

Bo