Author Topic: Problem with Data Shortcuts and Profiles  (Read 2259 times)

bdough15

Problem with Data Shortcuts and Profiles
« on: February 18, 2011, 02:31:17 PM »
We have a ditch profiel that we have created a data shortcut for, it references the CL alignment and when we try to create a reference to this profile in the drawing which hosts the corridor we are getting an error message that states, "Could not establish reference to parent horizontal alignment", the alignment in in the host drawing with the corridor, what is my problem?  I am pretty sure that the biggest problem is the connection to the mouse but how do I get this to work?

Wedding

Re: Problem with Data Shortcuts and Profiles
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 03:46:53 PM »
What version are you in? There was a change some way back regarding where profile data had to be stored. Also, you'll need to have a reference to the alignment in the drawing where youre trying to create the profile alignment. I'm not sure if I misread that oyu do or don't have that in your corridor file.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Problem with Data Shortcuts and Profiles
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 08:24:10 AM »
I'll try to reproduce your error here 'DOC', I might be asking for your data set in case I can't reproduce the error.

In the meanwhile...data short cut the CL alignment and profile along with that ditch information into a file and see how that behaves.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/