Author Topic: PURGING  (Read 4357 times)

Daniel J. Ellis

• Swamp Rat
Re: PURGING
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 06:18:44 PM »
4) Is there anything you'd like to purge that you can't ?

Regapps, I guess.  We had major performance problems on upgrading to R2010.  Now have a monthly routine of running a regapp remover on the server.  That's due to run tomorrow, since you mention it!

It seems very odd that you would need something like that.  Do you have any idea why you need it?  I've never heard of anyone else with a setup like that.

You're also aware you can purge regapps with the -purge r command, right?

It's just what our IT support people said: the monthly programme is possibly my taking it a step further than necessary.

I'd not heard of purge -r: it's a shame this isn't included in purg -all <grr>

dJE
===
dJE

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 01:50:51 AM »
1) Fairly often
2) Me, yes, since I am usually diagnosing drawing problems; users just go "purge all"
3) Since we do work for multiple clients across multiple applications, I can't route blocks "directly" from tool palettes or the like; most everything is routed through a routine that includes an "add layer" "add linetype" etc. routine
4) I have three little letters: A. E. C.  That and similar application extension content which digs itself so deeply into the drawing it just will. not. remove.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

sinc

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 10:42:24 AM »

1) How often do you use the PURGE command  in a drawing ?

Rarely.

2) Do you purge specific things ?

I often purge only blocks and layers.  Sometimes just unnamed blocks.

3) If you purge during the drawing process, how do you restore the 'standard' stuff you may need later ?

Generally do not purge during drawing, but Design Center can bring most things back in.

4) Is there anything you'd like to purge that you can't ?

Not really.

sugarCAD

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 11:01:07 AM »
1) How often do you use the PURGE command  in a drawing?

As often as necessary and always before final saving to network.

2) Do you purge specific things?

Usually All, occasionally individual layers, blocks or styles.

3) If you purge during the drawing process, how do you restore the 'standard' stuff you may need later?

When I purge during the drawing process, I shouldn't need it, if so I use Design Center or recreate it.

4) Is there anything you'd like to purge that you can't?

No, I can get rid of most things, one way or another.

craigr

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 09:18:30 AM »
1) How often do you use the PURGE command  in a drawing ? Several times a dwg session, custom commands have 'Purge' within them.

2) Do you purge specific things ? - ALWAYS 'all'.

3) If you purge during the drawing process, how do you restore the 'standard' stuff you may need later? Like what? I've never had it come up.

4) Is there anything you'd like to purge that you can't ? Layers in Nested Blocks!! (2008LT).

I am OBSESSIVE about dwgs being neat and clean. I HATE to leave 'crap' in dwgs. I really HATE layers with names such as 'Layer 2'. Give them a name that means something to someone other than yourself!!! If you get hit by a truck on the way home, unless documented somewhere, 'Layer 2' means nothing.