Author Topic: Endcap style  (Read 6246 times)

Artisan

Endcap style
« on: January 06, 2005, 08:59:55 AM »
I am curious to know if I can create an endcap style for my walls that allows the ends of my walls to have break lines like I could do for my walls prior to starting ADT. I drew out the break line I wanted using a polyline. The break line looks like a normal one, slanted at a 45 with a loop type break in the middle.

My problem is when I go through and use the wall tools in ADT and 'set from', the polyline is rotated back to 90 or 0. I also had the break line extend past the wall edge 4" on each side, but now the endcap style just wraps the end and cuts the extensions off. I have attached a drawing indicating what I am looking for and what I am getting to kind of clear up what I am saying here. Thanks

http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/artisan/Breakline.JPG?nossi=1

megamike

Endcap style
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 01:56:41 PM »
I think ADT is now more of a modeling tool than a drafting tool. Putting together a plan using wall "objects" and door "objects" rather than 2d lines representing these objects takes a little getting used to.
I understand what you are trying to do, but don't think it can be easily accomplished.
What I do is use a viewport to " break the model where i want to and add a breakline symbol in paperspace at the line of the viewport. doing this, you can keep the model intact and still show a break.

Anonymous

Endcap style
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 03:04:46 PM »
Quote from: megamike
I think ADT is now more of a modeling tool than a drafting tool. Putting together a plan using wall "objects" and door "objects" rather than 2d lines representing these objects takes a little getting used to.
I understand what you are trying to do, but don't think it can be easily accomplished.
What I do is use a viewport to " break the model where i want to and add a breakline symbol in paperspace at the line of the viewport. doing this, you can keep the model intact and still show a break.

Oh mike, you have violated a rule of autocad when you stated that you placed annotations in paperspace. :D

thanks for the help though, I think I will stick with the endcap I have that works so far until maybe I can come up with something else.

megamike

Endcap style
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 01:46:37 PM »
Oh mike, you have violated a rule of autocad when you stated that you placed annotations in paperspace.  

maybe, but to do something like this without destroying your model or having duplicate model pieces is impossible otherwise! IMHO :wink:
http://www.theswamp.org/screens/mgm/breakline.jpg

Artisan

Endcap style
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 02:16:51 PM »
Quote from: megamike
Oh mike, you have violated a rule of autocad when you stated that you placed annotations in paperspace.  

maybe, but to do something like this without destroying your model or having duplicate model pieces is impossible otherwise! IMHO :wink:
http://www.theswamp.org/screens/mgm/breakline.jpg

I agree, I was just yanking your chain. We have ADT 3.3 on our machines right now, but we just got in ADT 2005. What a monster. I have always been pretty comfortable with basic cad, then I was tossed into ADT 3.3 when I took this job. No one in the office knows how to use it, so it's been really fun playing with this thing and getting out my work at the same time. But '05 really seems to be complex. All of the talk about sheet sets, palettes and so on has me wondering some times. I am looking forward to the challenge though, it could provide me with a promotion.

I talked to guy about '05 and he told me to expect 6 months minimum in getting up to productive speed. My boss told the owner we would be ready in a few weeks. By the way, my boss started using AutoCad last February!

Thanks for the help, and I guess I will be poking you for more info along the way

megamike

Endcap style
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 02:31:34 PM »
Thanks for the help, and I guess I will be poking you for more info along the way

I am running ADT3.3 at work on a pentium3 1ghz machine that wont run ADT2005 even though the company owns it. too cheap to buy me a new pc!
Just installed 2005 at home to try to get up to speed just in case they suprise me with a new pc :lol:
havn't had the time to fool with it too much yet with the holidays and my daughter getting wed this month, but plan to get into it soon, so we may both be poking for info!