Author Topic: Missing COMMAND  (Read 2343 times)

whdjr

Missing COMMAND
« on: December 29, 2004, 02:59:05 PM »
Just over the last couple of days while I was using the VLIDE to test code my COMMAND dissappeared from the command line.  It doesn't happen on the first time I use the VLIDE, but after a while it disappears.  The only way to get it back so far is to shut down Autocad and restart the session.  It started happening while I was testing a spinner function the other day.  I thought it was the function so I used a different one.  Now it is doing it again and I'm not using any spinner functions.

AutoCad still functions properly, it is just freaky not having the word COMMAND at the command prompt.  It's like seeing things move without anything moving them (like a ghost).

Has this happened to anyone or does anyone have any ideas on how to fix the problem ( and don't say reinstall AutoCad) :) .

BAshworth

Missing COMMAND
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 03:03:30 PM »
I get that at random times myself (and I'm never in the VLIDE) Normally, it just reappears after a while.

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread to see if someone has a solution.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Missing COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 03:17:22 PM »
What happens if you close and reopen Autocad?  Also, so you have slide bars turned on, and if so, are you sliding by accident?
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Missing COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 03:21:44 PM »
OK, I could only make that happen if I un-docked my command window, but it was the sliders.  What version of Cad?
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

whdjr

Missing COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 03:37:26 PM »
I figured it out.  I just recently started using the "nomutt" system variable to stop the duplicate block error messages I was getting at insertion time.  Well I saved the value to a variable at the beginning of the code and restored the variable at the end of the code.  I even added into the error handler for that tool, but if you stop your code (in the VLIDE) and it doesn't finish then it doesn't reset the nomutt variable - hence the missing COMMAND. :?

BAshworth

Missing COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 04:17:23 PM »
Thanks for the update.  That's twice this week I've run across system variables I haven't heard of before.  Good to know.