Author Topic: How to determine an object in the workset of In place Reference Edit or not?  (Read 5819 times)

e2002

• Mosquito
when we selected some objects outside the workset and want to erase them , AutoCAD tell us those objects are not in the workset so can not erase them.

i want to know what properties were "attached" to those objects in the workset ?

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Welcome to The Swamp.

I am not familiar with the problem or don't understand the question.
Could you explain more about the "Workset"? Are you modifying a Block and selected objects to edit?
What version of ACAD are you using? Plain ACAD?

I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

Guitar_Jones

I ran into the same problem using refedit a while back and have been using this ever since.
Just load it in the current drawing and use 'appload' to add it to your startup suite before using.
Its been tested in Autocad 2008 and 2010.

;; NOTES:
;; The intent is similar to that of refedit
;; "xc" or "exchange" allows user to pick an xref to open and displays the view/orientation of the current drawing.
;; If executed in a layout tab,  option to exchange with Model Space is available

;; "sv" or "saveview" will capture view/orientation of current drawing
;; "gv" or "getview"  will match view/orientation saved by "saveview" or "exchange" (only functions in modelspace)

;; Xref path found by using several functions by Joe Burke
;; Coordinates acquired by using VPCords by MP

Workset refers to the active objects in the reference being edited.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:21:13 PM by Guitar_Jones »

Guitar_Jones

You could also use the "refset" command during refedit.

From the help file:

REFSET
Adds or removes objects from a working set during in-place editing of a reference (an xref or a block)

Menu: Tools  Xref and Block In-place Editing  Add to Working Set, or Xref and Block In-Place Editing  Remove from Working Set
 Command entry: refset
Transfer objects between the Refedit working set and host drawing...

Enter an option [Add/Remove] <Add>: Enter an option or press ENTER

Objects that are part of the working set are visually distinct from other objects in the current drawing. All objects in the current drawing, except objects in the working set, appear faded.

Add
Adds objects to the working set.

Select objects: Select the objects you want to add

An object that is part of the working set is added to the reference when changes are saved back, and the object is removed from the current drawing. The Add to Workset button on the Refedit toolbar prompts you to add objects to the working set without using REFCLOSE.

Remove
Removes objects from the working set.

Select objects: Select the objects you want to remove

An object that is removed from the working set is removed from the reference when changes are saved back; the object is also removed from the current drawing. The Remove from Workset button on the Refedit toolbar prompts you to remove objects from the working set without using REFCLOSE.

e2002

• Mosquito
Workset : Working set

for example :  some objects in the Locked layer ,when we using any edit_command ,such as "move" ,"copy"... , AutoCAD will noticed user those objects can't modified because them layers were Locked.

In programming , we can check the objects in selectionset and filtered them out if the object's layer were locked ,then program avoid a  bug .   

but when Inplace RefEdit , my program can't check which selected objects are in Workingset or not ,it will cause the program can't work correctly.

i want to know what difference between the object  in the working set and the object out the working set ?

roy_043

• Water Moccasin
  • BricsCAD 18
It seems that the elements in a working set are added to the current space. I haven't been able to find a way to distinguish them from elements outside the set (note: I use Bricscad).

Two suggestions:

The Refedit command has a lock option:
Lock Objects Not in Working Set:
Locks all objects not in the working set. This prevents you from accidentally selecting and editing objects in the host drawing while in a reference editing state. The behavior of locked objects is similar to objects on a locked layer. If you try to edit locked objects, they are filtered from the selection set

You could create a selection set before the Refedit command starts. Elements that are added to the current space as the Refedit working set will not be in this selection set.