Author Topic: pipe networks and profile visibility  (Read 5602 times)

drizzt

Re: pipe networks and profile visibility
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 09:54:00 AM »
Ok, I just re-created the sheets. I guess you have to choose to show the pipes in the "Profile view wizard" as well as in the "Data References". Now I just need the labels to show... looking at that now

drizzt

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 09:59:26 AM »
Looks like I can add the labels I need to the pipes by selecting each one and choosing add label, a bit cumberson, but doable.

Problem is that the labels run off the bottom of the grid, so I am back to my problem with having the grid datum elevation to close to the alignment grades. I am going to look for my post on this problem and see if I can get this solved.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 10:28:19 AM »
those labels should already be coming along for the ride...

If you have chosen to have the sheets saved in the current file, (in other words, if you have chosen All Layouts In The Current Drawing on the View Frame Group And Layouts page of the Create Sheets wizard), then the Data References page of the Create Sheets wizard is skipped (not displayed).

Pick From Drawing
Click to select the objects in the drawing.

Copy Pipe Network Labels To Destination Drawings
Selecting this option copies any pipe network labels to the destination drawing(s). If no pipe networks exist, this option is not available.

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 10:29:51 AM »
the pipes are in the parent profile. I chose not to show the structures, as I believe there is something wrong with them. the FES does have a lower elevation than the pipes.
is there by any chance a 'sump' depth in it's definition?
is the Floor Thickness of the FES the issue?  (HINT:  part builder-part size definition issue)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

drizzt

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 04:02:28 PM »
the pipes look fine in the master drawing. I finally got them to come into the sheet set by recreating the sheet set, and as you know was a pain.....

What am I going to do if we have to add more culverts??

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »
the pipes look fine in the master drawing. I finally got them to come into the sheet set by recreating the sheet set, and as you know was a pain.....

What am I going to do if we have to add more culverts??

See comment regarding creating sheets last.

Or use Draw Pipes in Profile View command and select only pipes, and parts that will fit per each reference view and draw them therein.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

drizzt

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 11:34:29 AM »
Or use Draw Pipes in Profile View command and select only pipes, and parts that will fit per each reference view and draw them therein.

thats how I got them in the master profile, but without re-creating the sheet set, they were not showing up in the sheets. I will check the styles once I get another problem figured out.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 01:28:37 PM »

thats how I got them in the master profile, but without re-creating the sheet set, they were not showing up in the sheets. I will check the styles once I get another problem figured out.
you mis-read my directions....HINT: that command ALSO works in reference PV's that the sheets use.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

drizzt

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 06:56:43 PM »
I hope so, I was just given more culverts to add.