Author Topic: Acrobat Distiller Rotate Pages.  (Read 3631 times)

SDETERS

Acrobat Distiller Rotate Pages.
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:19:58 PM »
I have a program I run in a different cad package that uses Acrobat distiller.

The problem I am having is everytime I go into the PDF I have to rotate the PDF 90 Counterclokwise to get the PDF to look like I want it to look like.

Is there a way of switching in the distiller in the program file so I do not have to rotate the pdf after the pdf file is generated?

Here is a code from the program file that I run that calls out the Distiller with the switches.

Code: [Select]
c: ---------------------------------------------------
#copy_psfiles="copy "+process_dir+"\"+partnum+"*.ps "+process_dir+"\"+pdf_out_filename+".ps"
# execute process (copy_psfiles,0)
# show message ("...Concatenating all ps files one ps file: "+process_dir+"\"+pdf_out_filename+".ps")
# dummy=1
c: ==========================================================

# convers=dist_exe+" -N -Q -O "+process_dir+"\"+pdf_out_filename+".pdf "+process_dir+"\"+pdf_out_filename+".ps "
# execute process (convers,0)
# show message ("...Converting to "+process_dir+"\"+pdf_out_filename+".pdf")

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
Re: Acrobat Distiller Rotate Pages.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 01:30:52 PM »
You need to add a paper size with the paper dimensions flip flopped to your Printers and Faxes server properties...

EX.
Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes...
     File->Server Properties...
          Select the paper size you want to print to from the list (let's use Arch D {24x36}
               Click "Create a new form" and give it a name, I used "Arch D (Landscape)"
                     Flip flop the sizes (i.e. Arch D default is Width=24, Height=36)
                          Arch D Landscape would be (width=36, height=24)
                               Click "OK" and use that as your paper in AutoCAD...

SDETERS

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 03:35:34 PM »
That worked great. Took me a couple times to get it all corrrect landscape versus portrait versus order of page size.  Thanks for the feedback

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 07:14:06 PM »
No problemo  :mrgreen:

That plagued me for a while, too.