Author Topic: Automatic Layer States  (Read 1380 times)

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
Automatic Layer States
« on: July 26, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »
    Ok, first let me explain the situation:

We have three offices, one in the U.S. and two in the Philippines. Each office has their own server (due to internet issues in the Philippines we have currently chosen not to have them work directly one our server here in the U.S., to avoid data corruption). So, here is our procedure when we send them work:

• The U.S. office sends notice to one or both Philippine Office(s)
    • The Philippine office(s) Archives what they have on their server and downloads the files that they need to work on from the U.S. via FTP
    • Make DWFs of the files that they have worked on.
    • The Philippine office(s) upload to another dive on the U.S. server the files that they have changed.
    • The Philippine office(s) send notice to the U.S. when the work has been completed and uploaded.
    • The U.S. Office Archives the files on their server.
    • The U.S. copies the files on the separate drive and overwrites the files on the main server drive.

This process normally works well and flows smoothly; however, in our Civil department when we get the files back all layers end up getting turned one. We know that they do not appear this way when there, as the DWFs are correct. They did not appear this way here before sending the files either. Please note that our Civil files can have 30+ xrefs, nested up to 15 deep.

First if anyone has an idea as to why this is happening that would be great. I force visretain to be set to 1 for every drawing, so I know that is not the issue.

But the real question of this post is to ask for help with a routine to work around this problem. I would like to have a routine to automatically save layer states whenever the drawing is saved and the layers have changed. The alternative way would be to simply save the layer state automatically whenever the drawing is saved and delete layer states older than 5 days old. I would try to write it myself, but I don't know enough about reactors to accomplish this.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 06:44:20 PM by cmwade77 »

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: Automatic Layer States
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 07:32:18 PM »
http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=34262.msg395661#msg395661

This thread closed because multiple postings are not encouraged as it becomes very confusing following several threads on the same subject.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 04:22:43 AM by Kerry Brown »
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.