Author Topic: Civil 3D Surface: Proper curb breakline procedure for existing data  (Read 4421 times)

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
I'm completely lost on this. I have a set of points locating the top back of curb and the lip of curb. How can I draw proper breaklines so I can have TOP back & face of curb, bottom of gutter and lip of curb and it show up properly if I run cross sections. I tried using feature lines (dropping gutter -0.5'), but it still looks terrible.
Help please.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Civil 3D Surface: Proper curb breakline procedure for existing data
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 04:30:17 PM »

I have to assume that you are are being provided this data from the field...(line coded for line and curve segments)
Edge of Pavement (Lip of Gutter)
Flow Line
Top Face of Curb
Top Back of Curb...

and a shot at top of Wing, and bottom of wing....

Your Figure Preferences would specify that the EP, FL, Face, and TBC Figures would all be BREAKLINES
that your add to your EG surface after the import event.....
and you should have to do little other than perhaps Flip a few faces to make the contours so beautiful they will make you weep.

Since you don't have that data from your post...Create a Feature line using those Top Back of Curb Shots...and then to get the Face use the Create Stepped Offset command found on the Modify Ribbon panel. you will proably need to insert elevation points at the driveways to get the contours right this way....

However in the future the surveyor should either shoot the data....or use the horizontal and vertical offsets function to enter the curb and gutter as if it were a template (although I do not recommend this as a best practice)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:46:31 PM by Spawn »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/