Author Topic: HELP! Questions for a seasoned CAD user  (Read 5997 times)

asa0890

HELP! Questions for a seasoned CAD user
« on: August 10, 2011, 12:24:48 PM »
I'm an Interior Design major at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, currently taking Introduction to AutoCAD. One assignment for this week is to interview someone who works with CAD on a regular basis. If anyone could help me out and answer a few questions it would be extremely helpful!

Q1: When do you use CAD in the production process (e.g. preliminary design, design development, etc.)?

Q2: What types of standardization do you use?

Q3: What are the advantages or disadvantages that CAD brings to your practice?

Q4: Can AutoCAD be used as effectively for designing as it is used for reading construction documents? Ask the interviewee to provide logical examples to support your answer.

Q5: Do you use Modelspace and Paperspace?  If so what are the advantages of doing this? If you did not use model space and paper space, what changes would have to be made to your drawings and what problems do you foresee if you have to go back and edit these?

Q6: What shortcuts, if any, have you found to be useful in designing with AutoCAD?

Q7: I find that usually, I learn the most about a program by using it for an extended period of time. Are there any tricks you've learned with this program through using it in your profession?

Thank you so much! Feel free to email me (asa0890@hotmail.com) or reply here.

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
Re: HELP! Questions for a seasoned CAD user
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 12:27:09 PM »
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: HELP! Questions for a seasoned CAD user
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 12:59:22 PM »
<<Composing Nigerian identity theft email>>  :mrgreen: