Author Topic: easiest way to edit raw data  (Read 7729 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
easiest way to edit raw data
« on: December 08, 2004, 12:42:21 PM »
does anyone know the easiest way to edit raw data... for begining lines and ending line work...

besides the survey link?

thanks
Civil3D 2020

elsos

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 12:58:45 PM »
Are you using TDS? Is it .RW5 or .RAW?

I dont know of any 'easy' way to edit raw data other than Survey Link or opening the file with WordPad or Notebook.

Just curious, is it incorrect coding from the field crews or just missing begin and ending of linework?

Dent Cermak

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 01:05:08 PM »
DO NOT EDIT RAW DATA !!! If you do that on a Corps job you will loose your contract. The easiest way to edit survey files is to create a field book file and edit the field book file.
The beginning and ending lines should be done by the fiel\d crew in the data collector. If they are not doing it, they need to start. Otherwise go into the FIELD BOOK file and add BEGIN EC for your edge of concrete shots. at the end of the batch sequence add END. do that for each feature sequence. that's all there is to it.
If you are confused i can send you a sample field book file. All i need is an email address.

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 01:46:44 PM »
Dent - i see what you are saying... so what do you do if you have a bad rod height or or circle of 0's is off... how do you edit that so it comes in right?
Civil3D 2020

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 01:47:51 PM »
by the way.. we have a Ranger with CE TDS PRO... we have also a Huskey FS2
so we hav eboth types.... RW5 and CR5... and a JOB file... which we have no clue how to use!
Civil3D 2020

Dent Cermak

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 05:00:20 PM »
Rod heights are VERY easy to correct in the Field Book file. Look for the note at your shot that says PRISM= whatever. Change it to what it should be. OR just add PRISM =XXX (your value here) BEFORE the offending shots.
Rangers and Hushies. we got 'em too. The CR5 files and Job files are totally worthless. We do not want our people building CR5 files. If they do, i don't use them. THROW CR5 AND JOB FILES AWAY!! The RW5 file is all you need, but here's the tricky part.Husky's make RAW files. AFTER you download that file, rename it as a RW5. DO NOT FORGET TO DO THAT.  Rangers make RW5 files (Make sure I don't have that backwards. I'm old and get confused.)
Anyway, once you have your RW5 file downloaded to the SURVEY directory of your project file, you are raedy to begin. Under the survey Menu find COLLECT, then go down to DATA COLLECTION LINK. Then click on CONVERSIONS. A neat little menu will come up where you select your TDS RW5 file at the top and tell it the name you want to call your field book file at the bottom. Then hit convert. Now you've got a field book file.View it with Windows Explorer. (I know there's an EDIT THE FIELD BOOK link on the menu bar, but it can crash your drawing if you confuse it.)Here is where you fix bad rod heights, check or add the autolinework codes and fix any and all problems.
Once you get the system set up you will increase productivity by at least 150%-minimum.
If you have your autoloine work set up and your descriptor keys properly set, you will have an 80%complete drawing in the time it takes to import the fieldbook file. Usually no more than 10 seconds. Drawings that used to take 40 hours now take around 12 to 15 hours. Text is the killer on most drawings. i type as fast as I talk and I'm from Mississippi so you know I don't melt no keyboards.

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 07:03:30 AM »
lol... I know text.... Hey ok.. now i know i am doing that correctly!
Civil3D 2020

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 07:04:20 AM »
als, have you checked out the lisp CAB created for me, to label all linework with the name of what it is and on the right layer?

its awesome.. and saves time!
Civil3D 2020

Dent Cermak

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 08:18:03 AM »
Now if he would do me one for ALTA/ACSM notes and legal descriptions !!

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004, 09:43:42 AM »
stupid...   but is that possible.... does LDD do that?
Civil3D 2020

Dent Cermak

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2004, 01:08:16 PM »
NOPE