Author Topic: Building assemblies-subassemblies getting a script error (Solved 4-12-10)  (Read 1822 times)

sourdough

• Bull Frog
Hi all
   I have built assemblies and sub-assemblies before, but for some reason the one
that I'm working on right now just won't let me add a target surface... says it doesn't have
a script. Anybody else have this happen. I'm probably doing something really wrong, help
would be appreciated. The original dwg was a 2009 C3D and I have been working with it
with no problems. Those assemblies were originally done with 2009 as I have discovered.
So, I tried to use some of the same parameters that did work with a corridor and those worked,
but I needed to create some half lane assemblies for a eventual intersection. Also, I have a question
when working with Intersections. Can one have a intersection of a side road that is intersecting
at the top of a vertical curve. I haven't tried that and when I did the results for far from what
I expected, in fact, the profile wasn't followed at all. Again, I think all is related to the assemblies
and sub-assemblies that made a half-lane. The image is made from 2010 C3D, in what once was a
2009 dwg. I can only assume that the 2009 tool palette assemblies are not stored in the dwg and
won't let you introduce 2010 assemblies from the tool pallete. I have read some posts about the
differences between 2009 and 2010 C3D and didn't find a fix. The assembly show was make with
the tool palette in 2010 C3D.

Thanks in advance.

MJP

Update: 4/12/2010   I didn't find the source of the problem, but did find an answer. Just
make a new assembly with 2010 and let it go. Sure wish they had made this an easier task.

MJP
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 03:52:04 AM by sourdoug »
LDC 2009/C3D 2010/C3D 2011/C3D 2016

Win 10 64bit

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Sure wish they had made this an easier task.

MJP

one could Right Click on the 'replacement' tool from the palette, and select, Apply Tool Properties to sub assembly...
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

sourdough

• Bull Frog

Hi Mike
   Well, I didn't know that one. One of many I'll find along this road.
Would you have a list or book made yet of all these get tips for
the differences between 2009 and 2010. I can't wait to hear about
how 2011 is going to be for adaption of previous versions of this nature.

All the same your help is appreciated
Thanks

MJP

Sure wish they had made this an easier task.

MJP

one could Right Click on the 'replacement' tool from the palette, and select, Apply Tool Properties to sub assembly...
LDC 2009/C3D 2010/C3D 2011/C3D 2016

Win 10 64bit

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
I've been teaching that particular RIGHT Click operations since C3D was first introduced Mike.

The more 'typical' application is more or less like this in the workflow.

The engineering technician, or junior engineer is mobilized on a project.
They are given say the minimum amount of information about the job before them.
A job, and charge number, and scant else, yet the whip is on them from the first turn to get something dome on the project.

So they define alignments and profiles and assemblies...

And then they are given ACTUAL desired design sections....

TA DA! they are able to perform a miracle by using Rt Click apply tool props to sub assembly...and a quick re-target and rebuild and the corridor is now correct....

Or more likely one defines the assembly as best as one believes the section to be AND work....
exactly 10 seconds after examining the corridor model....You smack your head, and realize you could have done it,
better,  different what ever....hey Presto, Rt Click, THAT tool becomes the one you REALLY needed to start with....re-target, and rebuild....

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/