Author Topic: change elev  (Read 7512 times)

raresp

change elev
« on: November 24, 2003, 11:39:15 AM »
Hi guys,
Do you know a fast way to update elevations for a bunch of ldd points accordingly to the curent TIN? Or to drape a bunch of blocks to the current TIN???
There is an utility from DYNALOT, but is working only with a predefined block....
I need to drape a bunch of tree symbols (around 3000) to my current surface...:-(

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
change elev
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 11:46:29 AM »
Maybe this:
Example: Changing the Datum Elevation of Points

You commonly change the datum elevation to adjust the points based on the actual elevation of a benchmark that was assumed in the field. For example, to adjust for the 1045.67 benchmark elevation that was assumed to be 100 in the field, use the Reference option, as shown in the following prompts:

Change in elevation<or Reference>: R
Old datum elevation: 100
New datum elevation: 1045.67

The following example shows how you can also achieve the same result by calculating the change in elevation and entering it directly.

Change in elevation<or Reference>: 945.67
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

raresp

change elev
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 12:00:23 PM »
I guess you did not understand me. This one is using a constant value for rasing or lowering a group of points. I need to project them to a surface , similar to OBJECT PROJECTION.(that is not a constant value)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
change elev
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 12:10:31 PM »
So I take it you have a point for each of the 3000 trees?

raresp

change elev
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 12:58:02 PM »
no no. I have only tree symbols inserted at 0 elevation (but I can replace the blocks with aecc points with 0 elevation)...now I want to project them on my surface then go in VIZ and replace the tree blocks with 3d trees. Do you understand what I'm trying to do??

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
change elev
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 01:22:50 PM »
Well this isn't your answer but, there is already 3D trees in LDD. In Symbol Manager - Lanscape symbols - 3D trees.

drizzt

change elev
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 02:58:56 PM »
You can use the description keys to insert a block at every point with that description. You would have to have a point database, Which LDD generates, with descriptions.