Author Topic: E_NOINTERFACE  (Read 10090 times)

sinc

Re: E_NOINTERFACE
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 12:02:09 PM »

I am not familiar with C3D.
I mean the dll in particular... you can copy regsvr32.exe (that it is under windows\system32 well at least on my winxp system) on the same location as the dll and use: regsvr32 theName.dll <enter>
or attached here is a tool for that (been using it for years). HTH

That still leaves the question as to which DLL to try to re-register.  I'm also leery of having the client start trying to re-register Autodesk DLLs at random, when I have no idea what I'm telling them to do or if it will help...  Can this cause anything to get messed up?

LE3

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 12:07:16 PM »
That still leaves the question as to which DLL to try to re-register.  I'm also leery of having the client start trying to re-register Autodesk DLLs at random, when I have no idea what I'm telling them to do or if it will help...  Can this cause anything to get messed up?

Not an expert in any way...
I have done several ATL/COM servers and got that error returned at least once - and was about a bad installation or a mess after a windows update.

Apart of that... do not know what to offer. :)

sinc

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 12:08:18 PM »
Maybe the best thing is to just suggest a repair/reinstallation of Civil 3D.  The client is an Autodesk reseller, so he should be used to hearing that...   :lol:

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 12:10:22 PM »
sinc,
 I can't relocate the page where a user indicated removal of the explicit GUID # and hard paths from his project, and the issue was resolved...for them....now I could only find that link
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 12:11:39 PM »
Maybe the best thing is to just suggest a repair/reinstallation of Civil 3D.  The client is an Autodesk reseller, so he should be used to hearing that...   :lol:

Oh YEAH!  that's some sweet revenge there....
Just keep removing and reinstalling the application until it sorts itself out. :lmao:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 12:15:46 PM »
Searching my registry for the specific IID yields a location in HKLM\Software\Classes\Interface. This has an entry for TypeLib which points to another key which has a reference to the acax18enu.tlb

Don't know how this helps, just saying that's what I have and the code works flawlessly for me.