Author Topic: Layer Naming Convention for CAD in the Construction Industry Version 2  (Read 5009 times)

wwhittle

Layer Naming Convention for CAD in the Construction Industry Version 2 by the AutoCAD User Group and AutoDesk Limited.

Is this document still relevant, Ive been trying to find a current update of it, the copy I have is from 1993.

I have been informed by a new client that they want us to use the Uniclass standards, these are totally different from the CI standards above.

It has got me wondering whether we are basing our CAD Standards on old documents, and whether we are no longer following industry standards.

In summary if you took Lighting for example, this has a code of 630 in our standards, but in the Uniclass it should be 54, which then causes more problems for us, as 54 is Gas.

Both standards are based on BS 1192 & BS EN 13567. Which is not very helpful.

Im getting the feeling that the Uniclass one has supersede the other one, but most punters have not picked up on this.

sinc

Re: Layer Naming Convention for CAD in the Construction Industry Version 2
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 10:44:45 AM »
Is this document still relevant, Ive been trying to find a current update of it, the copy I have is from 1993.

I think you just answered your own question...   :-D