Author Topic: XREF Bind then Burst?  (Read 1972 times)

KewlToyZ

XREF Bind then Burst?
« on: January 28, 2010, 03:17:25 PM »
Is there a way to get current xref names in a list, bind them, then burst the blocks created by the bound file?
I was looking around trying to figure out if I could do it without enames?

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
Re: XREF Bind then Burst?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 03:52:31 PM »
Yes, I think.  You can step through the block collection to see which blocks are xrefs.  Then you can get the enames of their associated inserts.  Then bind them, how you want.  Then step through the collection of enames you have, and explode them.  If that isn't possible, then you can collect the names of the blocks that are xrefs, and get the enames form a selection set after you bind them.  If you want to explode them with code, then you need to use ActiveX, or you have to copy all the entities ( entmake them ) into the current space.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 04:57:33 PM »
Thanks T!
I tried containing my own burst inside the routine, but I'm running into issues if xclips are present so likely I'll do an eval not to burst them if there is an XCLIP. More research lol!

Problem is that the -AECOBJEXPLODE command seems to toggle back and forth whether or not it prompts for the insert type.
I may try setting BINDTYPE to INSERT to see if that stops it from alternating.

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 08:31:46 AM »
Problem is that the -AECOBJEXPLODE command seems to toggle back and forth whether or not it prompts for the insert type.
I may try setting BINDTYPE to INSERT to see if that stops it from alternating.
Try AECTOACAD instead.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

KewlToyZ

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 10:59:24 AM »
I can't the client used Block Masks and it blows out the appearance when the AEC is removed by it.