Author Topic: Menu Issues  (Read 4389 times)

ML

Menu Issues
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2004, 03:14:07 PM »
Here is what I did
The one in the working directory is read-only and going to stay that way incase someone is dumb enough to try to delete a toolbar again.

Like M said, if I make a significant change, then I will back it up. I will also make it ahabit to back it up at the end of the night as well.

In my pulldown, I added a few macros, one that will take me to where the working company menu is and another macro to where I am backing up, this will make copying and pasting a lot faster.

I backed it up in a place where no one will find it, so I think all bases are covered now.

I was saying earlier that it would be cool to use something like VBA so that when "I" click on the macro that opens my company menu (.mns file) the read only attributes would also get removed.

Then, after I close the menu, I can manually put it back to read only.

Time permitting, I will lok into that next week

Thanks again guys

Have a great holiday

Mark

CADaver

Menu Issues
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2004, 01:24:05 PM »
Quote from: ML
95% of the customization I do is in the form of a pulldown. I recently created one toolbar. Someone must have deleted the toolbar from their profile instead of just turning it off.

Guess what happens, that's right, it deletes that code out of the .mns file, I believe.
That will happen if they use the customization tools to delete the the toolbar, hence the need for read-only.

So, I wonder what happens if the .mns file isn't there and somebody trys that?
ACAD will make one.

Or, like you suggested, the .mns file is in a read only folder, then it seems to me that no one could delte something out of the .mns file, is that correct?
Correct, if the .MN? are kept in a read only directory, users cannot damage them inadvertantly.

CADaver

Menu Issues
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2004, 01:25:56 PM »
CAD, If it is read only, what happens when you update the .mns file? How do you write to it?
We keep those files (and several others) in directories with specific WRITE-RIGHTS.  Only Cad amanagement and IT have the rights to write to those directories.

ML

Menu Issues
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2004, 09:30:31 AM »
For now, I made the .mns file read-only but I want to look into having the whole folder with explicit read write attributes