Author Topic: Architecture 2009 issues  (Read 12444 times)

Artisan

Architecture 2009 issues
« on: January 05, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »
Anyone running 09 Architecture here? Have you had any issues with it shutting down without reason or warning? How about errors stating that the AutoCad system memory is running low, would you like to cancel your command? I installed this about 3 weeks ago and it's been a rough time since. I was wondering if anyone else had these issues.

thanks

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
Re: Architecture 2009 issues
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 03:49:53 PM »
No problems here.  Been running it for about a year now.  Never had is shut down unexpectedly.

Are you running any special lisp. etc?  Network connectivity sporadic?  Just a few things that will bring mine to a crawl.
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro
All Comments and Content by TimSpangler, Copyright © 2016

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 04:25:36 PM »
We had those errors when first installed 2010 on our old boat anchors that we used.  We maxed out the ram in the machines and it minimized the number of errors that we get.  Still slow and and still a pig with lipstick.  The big annoyance I get is I have to slow down my speed of input on the keyboard.  Drives me nuts.   New computers are slated for us this year.  Rumor is we might make the leap finally from desktops to workstations this time.  Might.   Time will tell.  **Sigh**
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Artisan

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 04:57:35 PM »
I just picked up a new system about the same time I started using 09. It's a Dell, Intel Core 2 Duo E7500, 3ghz and 3 GB of ram. I don't get to have any say in the computers I get, so I wasn't exactly happy with this machine since it came loaded with Windows 7 and half of the programs I use were not even compatible with the system. The IT guy stripped this machine down and load XP back on it. But 09 still has these issues in it. I'm not running any strange lisp programs, just some very simple ones that I have had for like 6 years now. The network connection is pretty good, so I don't think it is that.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 05:11:51 PM »
We have one workstation with 6 gigs of Ram, a single quad core, dual video cards running Vista 64 and 2010 still has lag issues.  Supposedly I am being told.  I have yet to test it to see if it is the operator malfunctioning or it is really the machine.  The operator does not have a good track record either.

I blame a lot of this Autodesk's use of XML programing but that is my ignorance talking out of my butt so don't put stock into it.  But I will say this, I started having memory issues when they started using xml.  meh
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Artisan

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 05:24:05 PM »
I'm not counting out operator error as being a potential problem here. I went from 05 ADT straight to 09 with no intro or anything. It was a forced situation to say the least. I had no problems with 05 at all. Never had any shut downs or anything like I am getting with 09. I just wanted to see if this was something that others had seen or if it could be mostly on my side.