Author Topic: CUI and PULL DOWN MENUS  (Read 1215 times)

POCKETS

CUI and PULL DOWN MENUS
« on: December 17, 2009, 09:15:42 AM »
HELP ! !
I want to add a pulldown menu and I don't recall how its done.  I am using R2008.
All it is is information about the machines in the plant. (Nothing but text)  I have it as a .mnu but menu load won't accept that.  I get a message that it exists already but I can't find it.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG !   :x
Pockets

JCTER

Re: CUI and PULL DOWN MENUS
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 09:26:48 AM »
In the CUI, in the upper-left pane, ensure that in the pull-down box at the top, that "ALL CUSTOMIZATION FILES" is the current selection.

Expand the "WORKSPACES" tier, and highlight the (current) workspace, whatever it is called.

This will show the contents of the Workspace definition in the upper-right pane of the CUI.

Expand the "MENUS" tier of the list of contents.

Do you see your custom menu in this list?

If Yes, uh.... /shrug

If No, then in the upper-left pane, (with your workspace still highlighted, to ensure your upper-right pane still shows it's contents), expand the "MENUS" tier, find your custom menu, if it exists here, and drag it over to the "menus" listed in your workspace.

Did this help?

POCKETS

Re: CUI and PULL DOWN MENUS
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 09:59:43 AM »
Thank you Mr. Cannon
I found out it was a stupid mistake on my part.  I unknowingly placed a word in the .mnu file which, of course, threw in the well known monkey wrench.