Author Topic: Some Help with new layers  (Read 2999 times)

troyadamietz

Some Help with new layers
« on: July 24, 2010, 11:24:18 AM »
I seem to be having a problem when starting a new drawing and making layers on my AutoCAD 06.
I open the layer properties manager and hit new layer when starting from scratch, it won't let me name the layer it just goes as Layer 1, etc.
Then when I select a color for that layer it opens the box, I choose a color and hit okay, but it reverts back to white.
The same thing happens if I choose a different line type, line weight, etc.... It opens the box and allows me to choose whatever I want, but when I hit okay, it always reverts to whatever the default was.
Am I missing something here?
HELP

:|

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: Some Help with new layers
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 01:26:36 PM »
I never used 06 so not sure about the Layer's properties going back to the default, but the name is what always happens in the Layer Manager. It is still that way in 2011...create a layer, it gets named "Layer1". Just select and rename it.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 05:47:18 PM »
what happens if you use the command line version -LAYER to create your new layers?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Kyle Reese

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 06:16:03 AM »
Another option would be to right-click on Layer1 and select the Rename Layer option.

jaberwok

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 10:45:51 AM »
Another option would be to right-click on Layer1 and select the Rename Layer option.
or press F2 and rename the layer.